Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

More than a year has gone by since the initial post #17570… and in my spare time, I built a gasser.

I was inspired by some of the photos I found on the web.  There are many.

black

red

The body of my Gasser is a stock Carrera Willys coupe model with an aluminum chassis under it.

front

side

The front sits high and can easily be modified by adjusting the length of the body posts. This will be done once the rules are

determined.  At the moment this model can be raced in the hot rod class.

rear

tipped

The chassis is powered by a 14k ff motor.  The complete model tips the scale at 82 grams, making it a slow hot rod due to its weight

disadvantage.  Depending on the final ride height, it will require weight to lower its COG which will likely put this model over 90 grams

when complete.  I have a wider set of rear wheels for this model but I built it to meet our current HR rules until the Gasser rules are

set.

chassis

A the moment F1nutz and I will be racing only with each other… lets get building gents!

Nice looking car, Jim.

Love the two-tone colour too.

Looks like the Willy’s is going to do a wheelie! I think you’ve got the right body angle.

Hey Jim, great looking build! I do suggest you replace the license plate with this, and or some decals. :>)

Would be cool, and personalized.

Or…if you wanted to be more Canadian eh….

Attachments:
          You must be logged in to view attached files.

Sweet … make another with a raised body and F1 slicks at the back! (But be careful in corners!)

LOL … ;=))

You will notice that I painted the front of the white NSR guide black my intention was to add a front plate when I raise the car, I will glue a curved plate to the guide to cover the guide and the chassis.  Was thinking a decal of dice… we’ll see.

I have the slicks for the rear, I may or may not use them, depending on the rules…  Just having fun with this build.

Thanks for your comments.

Looks great Jim. Unfortunately I’m still working on my gasser. One day it will get finished.

Great looking model JMSracer!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 11 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.