• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year ago by Avatar photoKen.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

A little while back it was discussed that the Nova Ridge track lane spacing might fit 1/24 or 1/25 scale cars. The idea went to sleep for a little while.

Then a friend at the Group 25 modeller’s club said he had a dozen 1/25 full size bodies, chrome, and window kits for sale at $5 each. The perfect solution for a test. Art was with me that day. We both jumped at the opportunity, and bought all twelve kits (see classifieds if you want one).

Test #1 – The bodies were set on the track to see if they could pass each other.

A painted body was located at the recent Group 25 slot car flea market. The paint sucks, but it too was only $5. It sped up the test.

A chassis was made to fit using 1/32 parts. One of the points of this test was to make it affordable (Cheap!). A Fox-10 motor was used. They retail for $8.95 US and Professor Motor has over 8,000 motors in stock. A nice affordable set of DArt wheels and tires were used to round out the test.

This is the test car made with a $5 body.

This is not a new class. It’s simply a test to see if these cars can pass each other without creating a smash-up derby. We definitely expect these “Big Bruisers” to trade paint.

This test only applies to the Nova Ridge track. These cars won’t fit anywhere else.

The 1/25 scale cars will likely not be a part of any 1/32 race. It may end up becoming a once-in-a-while evening here and there. Time will tell.

Five Nova Ridge regulars have already bought a 1/25 body in anticipation. JMSracer has the coolest 1960 Ford Starliner already built and ready to race.

The test continues. More to come.

Ken

Last night Doug Crichton from Group 25 invited me over to his place. He says he has the tail light lenses, dashboards, and steering wheels for all the kits we just bought. Yay!

I said “Sure, I’ll drop in tomorrow. What’s the address?” Doug says Cambridge… Ouch! He drives to Toronto every month for the meetings. In for a penny. In for a pound.

I had a treatment that took the whole morning. Then immediately hopped in my car and spent the afternoon in traffic. It was a fun day.

But, I have all the missing parts for eleven kits except the tail lights for the Pontiac 2+2. Art was lucky enough to get that one Pontiac kit, and can probably make one custom set.

Doug and I enjoyed some model car talk. Doug’s a great guy. He’s preparing another volley of different cars in a month or two after he cleans up his basement. I can hardly wait to see what’s coming up next.

There’s also one set of chrome Starliner door handles for Jim.

I’ll hand over the dashes, steering wheels, and lenses when I see everyone.

Cheers,

Ken

Yesterday was a great day for painting near the end of the day around 7pm. The wind finally died down.

I can no longer look at the blue paint job on the 65 Impala. The chassis will fit under this Bel Air body instead. Both cars have a 120mm wheelbase.

These pics are the inspiration for this build. Looks like I’m installing a red interior. A nice change from black.

Under the guidance of PhotoDoug. I redid the Bel Air pic, and also painted a 1966 Olds 442 W30. The weather was far too nice not to paint another car.

The model in the ad for the Olds 442 kit sparked the idea for the Tamiya Cobalt Green. It’s a beautiful colour and suits the car. My first time trying it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.