• Creator
    Topic

I finally tore apart the workbench and moved it out of the track room. An opportunity to clean up and re-organize.

The bench as it used to be. Lots of holes were left in the walls. Oops. Me fix!

The bench was moved into the basement kitchen. The drill press is now on the other side of the kitchen, and away from the slot car assembly area. A plywood back was added to the bench. Look wife… no more holes in the walls! (Except for the tire-rack on the right side)

I can finally start building cars again. And finish the track room!

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

Thank you very kindly, Gentlemen.

There are many holes left in the walls that need a little putty. The posters go up right after that. Probably later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again for the posters, Jim!

Looks great Ken! Wish I could keep my work areas that clean and organized. I’ve tried but whenever I organize things I forget where they are 😉

Thank you, F1Nutz.

I’m really looking forward to inviting everyone over for an official race. It won’t be much longer.

Is there an emojii for ‘damn I’m jealous’? Looks great Ken!

Really nice set up for you Ken, both the track and work area look great. I can appreciate the work you put into it.

It looks like a great place to race and do some work on ones cars, really nice Ken

Well Ken, ‘organizing’ my tuning room has been on my Agenda for…well, fuggetaboutit, a long time, so you inspired me to git er done, and I have!!

Still a ways to go, sorting parts/cars, organize tools, but WAAAAAY better(even MRS. Porsche911 impressed!) :>)

Thank you!!

Michael, Dave, Luis, and Drew.

I humbly thank you all for your kind words.

Drew. We all inspire each other in some way. I clearly need to work on my track decor, and Porsche 906 collection. Inspired by you, and the rest of the track owners. 🙂

Hey Ken, why limit yourself to 906’s…Consider the 908’s, 910’s, 914’s, 917’s and of course, the 911’s!!!   :>)

Not only do I envy you having a track, now I wish I had  a proper work area.  My workbench is my office desk, my parts are in boxes in different rooms, and my cars are in a bedroom closet.

Hi Gary,

The track is new. The bench has been there for about 15+ years. I used to repair automated labellers, and all sorts of other equipment on it. It’s evolved as an unplanned retirement seems to be taking over. I’m simply going with the flow.

If you have something challenging to do and the wife is giving you the evil-eye. Bring it over.

With the bench out of the track room. We now have space for driver’s pit stations, pizza, and the whole enchilada!

My breadbox finally has a home. The Hot Rod parking sign also fits the new spot very well.

WOW Ken, looks like you’ll be ‘cookin up’ some beauts in the Kitchen, and who knew you were so NEAT and ORGANIZED! LOL, Great work!!

Looks great Ken! Cheers!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Lovely, although the R32 and S32 race directors will have to measure the space between racer pit areas to confirm there is sufficient elbow room… ;-)) LOL

When are you going to hang some of the racing photos you have on the wall?

Lights out and away we go…. Lookin good!!

Lovely, although the R32 and S32 race directors will have to measure the space between racer pit areas to confirm there is sufficient elbow room… ;-)) LOL

When are you going to hang some of the racing photos you have on the wall?

Lights out and away we go…. Lookin good!!

Viewing 15 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.