Tagged: The River
July 22, 2022 at 11:22 am #29230
See attached the race report and photo collage of the race held on Thursday July 14 2022
● Vintage Mini’s
● Classic Stock Car
● Classic Le Mans
● Modern GT
● 3 minute heats (180 seconds) x 3.
● Voltage set @ 10.5v
● Three marshals for every heat.
● Race to line result will determine finishing order.
August 1, 2022 at 4:09 pm #29792
August 1, 2022 at 4:10 pm #29793
August 1, 2022 at 4:10 pm #29794
August 1, 2022 at 4:11 pm #29795
August 1, 2022 at 4:11 pm #29796
August 2, 2022 at 11:33 am #29842JohnnySlotsMember
Luv the Mini’s … are they all house cars, or a mixture of house and guests cars.
August 2, 2022 at 8:05 pm #29854
At Riverhampton we begin every event with a Mini race. It’s a new (BWA) class that we all love here and everybody brings their own car.
August 3, 2022 at 6:13 am #29873ArtModerator
Looks like a great time with great classes!
Thanks for sharing JMSracer!
August 3, 2022 at 8:35 pm #29915Porsche911
I can almost see Michael Caine(NOT Mark Wahlberg!!!) driving 1(however I would compromise with Charleze Theron) :>) What are the “rules” specs required?
August 3, 2022 at 10:14 pm #29917
VM – Vintage Mini’s (Modified Class)
Eligible Models: Scalextric 1959 and 1960’s Vintage Mini’s. Inline with 14k slimline motor (Morris Mini’s, Mini Cooper’s);
Stock – Body, Interior, Chassis, Glass, with modified slow slim Motor
Minimum overall weight – 70gm
Gear ratio 9 or 10 T pinion / 21 stock crown gear not to be tampered with
Wheel track must be kept within the models body width, the wheels must not be visible when viewing the car from above. Typically 43.5mm wide at rear and 44.5mm wide at front.
The rules will allow you to
1) Replace stock 18k motor with 14k slimline is a must;
2) replace rear wheels or front and rear or keep all stock and just add Dart tires to rear; **
3) Replace axle and bushings;
4) Replace guide, will require a B-Nova to strengthen what remains of the guide post which will have to be cut down to about 1mm thick original material to allow solid axle to pass over using a flat guide screw;
** if you replace your wheels, purchase Mini inserts from Dart for your new 13mm wheels. Also, the stock front axles are stub axles which add some complexity if you are thinking of changing the front wheels-you will need to install a CG slot (formerly B-Nova) guide holder. If you change your rear wheels you will likely have to change the axle and this will require removing the stock crown gear from the axle and installing it on your replacement axle. At this point you should replace the bushings.
August 7, 2022 at 9:40 am #30054
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.