• This topic has 20 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Avatar photoMiA.
  • Creator
    Topic

[seatt-form event_id=62]

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

I tried until the last minute but I can not go, I am happy to see we are going back to racing and I hope you have fun today

Congratulations to all who attended. Great to see R32 back on track so to speak. Regardless of finish order everyone was a winner.

Thanks Art for organizing this and keeping the fun alive. Thanks to Doug for allowing the use of his facility. Hopefully I will be able to make it to the next event. 😉

Sorry Ken but I have to correct you.  I was the one that came in last!   Some nice racing on the part of other drivers.

A big thank you to JohnnySlots for offering those excellent replacement cars when a couple of mine died out.

My pleasure …. after all that’s what is best about the hobby … having everyone being able to participate and enjoy!

My guess would be a 1960 Ford Galaxie Starliner. :good:

Old colour dealer plate, but great to see one out. Definitely a 1960 as the tail fins in 1961 were much smaller and the taillights were circular as opposed to the half moon shaped ones of 1960.

The name Galaxy was a marketing attempt to appeal to the excitement surrounding the space race going on at the time with Russia. Dual trunk mounted antennae were a rare factory option. The continental rear tire/bumper may be aftermarket.

Small point, the convertibles as seen here were Sunliners. The Starliner was a two door hardtop, fastback characterized by thin roof pillars. The fastback styling and slippery aerodynamics, was a design attempt to symbolize 1960s jet age design. Ford ran Starliners in NASCAR I think.

Great pictures thanks Art and MVL for a good day of racing.  I thought the #11 Hooters car was Jeremy Mayfield but it’s actually Brett Bodine  who was also driving the #26 Quaker State car, wow pretty impressive Brett!!! :good:

R32 XXXIX @ Molto VeLoce

Final Results:

NASCAR (NC):

1. 99 Laps (15.643 ext.);
              2. 97 (14.394);
              3. 95 (15.955);
              4. 93 (14.761);
              5. 89 (9.448);
              6. 87 (19.017).

Trans Am (TA): 

1. 100 Laps (23.560 ext.);
              2. 95 (19.936);
              3. 95 (20.486);
              4. 94 (24.384);
              5. 87 (10.052);
              6. 85 (20.795).

Modern F1 (F1): 

1. 105 Laps (13.437);
              2. 102 (17.831);
              3. 100 (8.523);
              4. 99 (17.621);
              5. 90 (14.930);
              6. 86 (77.232).

LMP/GT (LMP): 

1. 110 Laps (10.262 ext.);
              2. 108 (17.029);
              3. 103 (19.655);
              4. 96 (12.049);
              5. 91 (18.705);
              6. 82 (27.384).

Cheers! :good:

PS – Saw this beauty on the way home… 

Would love to attend but have been having a bad bought of carpal tunnel lately after chopping wood and redoing my backyard patio over the last few weeks.

Happy racing!

Stay safe.

Bill

Gents, with 6 racers perhaps we might consider to be more socially distant by not using one of the middle lanes? Would leave more separation among racers and allow for a 3rd marshal…..

A reminder – please bring your own cars, controller, food and drink.

Masks are mandatory! Masks are your responsibility. No disposable masks will be provided.

No spectators are permitted, only participants. Since our event is capped make sure to register if you wish to participate.

Remember to park on the side road east of the building and come around to the front door located near the west side of the building.

…and in accordance with common sense, if you have any symptoms or do not feel well please stay at home.

See everyone Saturday! :yahoo:

I came in last. But had a blast! :yahoo:

Nice to see things are slowly returning to normal. Sort of. :good:

Thanks to MVL for hosting. Thanks to Art for making it happen.

Great getting back on track. Had a blast. Thanks Art!

Art, are we allowed to run a different car in each lane if we want?

Practice with as many models as you wish but race just one per class… :good:

Congratulations on having the 1st event of our new reality. :yahoo:

I really want to attend 😥 as it’s been a long time without a small car fix, however our daughter had a baby last week and we are under very strict quarantine rules (hers make the governments pale by comparison) if my wife wants to hold her new baby. Hopefully things will relax soon and I’ll be allowed out to play. Good luck to those who attend , have fun and stay safe.

MIA, email or private message me when you will be finished the self imposed quarantine…

Hi Gents:

I’ve registered for this race, since it’s the replacement for the event that I had registered for, just prior to the shut down.

If I’m allowed to attend, I will bring along my ‘Non Salivary-Exchange’ tire cleaner (my April 5, 2020 post, #14331), for anyone who wishes to use it.  (It would be best if you clean off your rear tires on each of your cars with soap and water, or another disinfectant, before bringing them to the race, otherwise all follow-up precautions will be pointless.)  As per Art’s April 6, 2020 reply, “moving forward we should eliminate saliva as a method of tire cleaning”.

The reason I say “if I’m allowed to attend” is that the originally scheduled event, I believe, had GT or CanAm as one of the classes, and I had a car in each class. It looks like the GT or CanAm may have been replaced with Trans Am, and I may not have a ready Trans Am car. I do have all the others.

Hi Felix,

Yes, thank you for reminding me – I forgot to mention the fact that saliva will no longer be permitted to clean tires now (unless you mix it with mouse poop which I hear neutralizes any virus :yahoo: but it isn’t good practice to mix those ingredients in your mouth!!!)… I’ll add that to the event details… thankfully urethane tires don’t need any regular cleaning during use but it is helpful to get the crud and dust off of them with some H2O or to give them a light sanding to wake them up after a period of inactivity… masks should help eliminate that nasty ritual too…

Don’t worry if you don’t have a Trans Am model yet Felix – no need to race in all four classes – there might be a loaner or placeholder or someone might even have one for sale…

See you Saturday Felix!

When I don’t feel well in the morning it’s not the Covid Cough, more like the Molson Malaise!

Viewing 14 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.