Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      f1nutz

I was doing some research for a 1/24 Alfa T33 Periscopico build and found the following exhaustive thread some may find interesting.

https://www.robertlittle.us/t33chronologyenglish.html

cheers!

Bill

f1nutz

This is the model I’m hoping to replicate.

MiA

That is an unbelievable chronology of the Type 33!! I may never get to digest it all…. but I will try!! Thanks for sharing Bill.

Good luck with the Periscopico car, can’t wait to see it. What body are you modifying?

f1nutz

The body is an old Bandai kit from the 60’s. It is pretty basic with a flat fake interior and not much engine detail. Has a flip front and rear but I glued the pieces all together to make a more solid body. I wish I had taken a before photo because it looked barely salvageable. Lots of glue had to be sanded out and smoothed.

f1nutz

Here’s what the box art looks like which is a lot nicer than the actual model.

f1nutz

Here’s a work in progress shot.

f1nutz

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Almost done just need to add the mirrors and headlights, clear coat and mount on the chassis.</p>
      Chassis is appropriately a Cox Magnesium chassis since the actual car has a magnesium tube chassis itself. Magnesium wheels as well so it is super light.

f1nutz

Motor will be a Cox 16D

MiA

What a great model!! Beautifully done/ And a magnesium chassis, how incredibly appropriate!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.