• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 5 days ago by Porsche911.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Ken

Basic plans have been drawn up by Art to make a 2-lane new track in my basement.

Art was kind enough to take on the task of fitting a small track into a tiny basement.

I don’t have a name for it yet. Maybe the KRZ Twister? Name suggestions are most welcome.

The final dimensions will be on a 5′ foot by 10′ foot base.

The closest rooms to the track are the washroom and kitchen. It should work out well to host races for small groups.

Everything in life is time sensitive. I should have done this a few years ago. Thank you to Art for accepting the challenge.

I like to paint bodies, and make chassis. How may I help you build your car?

• #26939 Reply
      DB

👍 Look forward to following your progress Ken.  Hope things are well with you and your loved ones.

• #26940 Reply
      Luis Meza

It looks great Ken, very nice design, Congratulations

• #26987 Reply
      Ken

Dave and Luis,

I humbly thank you both for your kind thoughts.

I look forward to adding it to the S32 list when it’s completed.  I will gladly post photos.

• #27030 Reply
      f1nutz

Crazy 88’s or Spaghetti Junction.

Looks challenging Ken!

• #27065 Reply
      Porsche911

Great decision Ken!! Perhaps “Mille Manuel”?????

• #27101 Reply
      Ken

Interesting suggestions, gentlemen. Thank you very kindly.

How about a combination of both ideas?  “Otto Pazzi” = Crazy eight(s)

Single and multiple eights are apparently the same in Italian. Who knew?

• #27223 Reply
      f1nutz

Lol that would work.

I was trying to play off a plane reference ‘lazy eight’ along with a car reference ‘delta 88’ as well as the obvious nested eights of the layout.

I noticed that lazy eight is also a name the Infiniti sign so Infinity Raceway (also a real racetrack) or Infinity and Beyond raceway might work as well.

Let me over think this…

Bill

• #27227 Reply
      Porsche911

Hmmm, also looks like stylized and elongated “P”s and “Q”s, could be called “Mind your P’s and Q’s” Raceway. :>)

Or more seriously,  “Autodromo Ocho Veloce”.

• #27247 Reply
      Ken

You guys are cracking me up. 🙂

Infinity and Beyond Raceway… Hahaha! Very suitable with 2-eights on their side.

I can’t seem to get through 4-syllable words anymore during chemo. Autodromo is a tad too long, even to spell.

What does “Ocho” mean? Google translate says it’s an English word? I never used it in my life.

Please keep the ideas coming. This is funny. 🙂

• #27248 Reply
      Ken

Google translate sucks!  Ocho is eight in Spanish. Oops.

“Ocho Veloce” also sounds cool = Rapid Eight!

• #27311 Reply
      Porsche911

Happy to be bringing you some humour… I once was a cunning linguist!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
Reply To: New track in the east

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: