• This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

It appears that Microace is re-releasing the original ARII 1:32 body kits which we love so much… and still very cheap. Porsche 911 & Turbo versions, Volkswagens, and many others… search for 1:32 and they have lots of goodies… including Revell, Airfix & Aoshima!

Link: HobbyLink Japan

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Thank you for answering the question “where did you guys get all your Porsche 911 bodies?” I’ve been actively looking for them.

Looking at the list of 1/32 cars. The right-hand drive 1969 Izuzu Bellet GTR is a funny, but fascinating looking car for it’s time. There’s a real one for sale in Pickering, Ontario. Only 1,400 Bellet GTR’s made.

Ken

Is anyone placing an order from Hobby Link? Share shipping costs maybe?

Thanks. Ken

If I do I will let you know Ken.  :mail:

Hi Guys

Hope everybody had a great Christmas and New Years.

I came across another similar site  from Japan as well Hobby Search with all those same model kits, I ordered two kits and tried to check out with Paypal. The site linked me to Paypal Japan so I was a little gun shy to continue, has anybody else had this happen? I have ordered from the UK and USA and they have always link directly to my Canadian account, has anybody had this happen. :unsure:

I have a Arii 1967 Datsun 2000 Fairlady and the 1971 Nissan Skyline GTR that ran in 71 Japanese GT series in my shopping cart.

Joe

Thanks Joe! I ordered from the website (see link above) before and paid with paypal and don’t remember any issues like you describe but it was a while ago… Are you sure it was the same website?

A friend just ordered 2-Porsche 911 kits for me (Thank you Steve). Registered shipping was $17, 10-days to 6-weeks delivery.

Although they were in stock on the site. At the time of check-out, the Porsche Turbo, Izuzu Bellet GTR, and Fairlady were not in stock. Probably just as well because I already have a mountain of builds ahead of me.

2 of these Porsche 911S kits just arrived from Japan. The total price for both was $31.00 all in. A coffee might also be in order for Steve for ordering these for me. Thanks Steve!

Now that I see what they look like in the box. More kits are being considered. These are sweet!

These have the front and rear vallance panels and bumbers attached to the chassis as many static kits do. A job for the bandsaw.

This is probably a better thread for posting ARII kits from HobbyLink Japan.

This kit is on it’s way along with a bunch of others. R32 Sportscar legal.

Some photos of the real car.

HobbyLink Japan is absolutely amazing!

What a strange little Toyota this is. But kind of cool in its own way.

The Toyota Sports 800 story…

The 1965 Sports 800 was the first Japanese production car built with a strategic combination of steel and aluminium, which contributed to a kerb weight of just 580kg. As a result, the engine didn’t need to be particularly powerful to make the car the fastest machine in its class.

This less-is-more approach paid dividends in the 1966 Suzuka 500km, where the Sports 800s were untouchable from the second half of the race onwards. While all other competitors had to pit to refuel, the little Toyotas ran the entire distance without needing to stop. In fact, their advantage was so great the organisers suspected foul play and rushed to inspect the fuel tanks. Not only did they fully comply with the regulations but about 30% of the fuel load still remained! It was later calculated that the Sports 800s had achieved fuel economy of more than 25mpg at race speed.

This one has been fully restored.

The roof is removeable. Cool option in the summer. Pun intended. 🙂

Just a heads up on ordering kits from HobbyLink Japan (HLJ).

Space is at a premium in Japan, so HLJ has a secondary offsite warehouse. They call it “your private warehouse”.

Anything “in stock” from the main site will be shipped without delay.

Items that say “3-5 days” are actually at the offsite location. You can combine items for shipping from both locations, but you must send items that are “in stock” to “your private warehouse” first. It delays the order a few days. But it saves on shipping costs.

I made the mistake of ordering 4-“in stock” items and one kit “3-5 days”. When one kit got left behind in Japan I started to wonder. HobbyLink was kind enough to explain. Rather than be dissapointed, I decided to add more kits to the order. I will send everthing to “your private warehouse” in the future if one of the kits isn’t in stock and requires 3-5 days.

It’s a bit confusing at first. But we Canadians have a lot of space, eh? :good:

Viewing 10 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.