Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Greetings:

I was looking at Google News and noticed a story (or paid advertisement?) in Motor Trend about the LASCM.    Thinking about my Revell Lang Cooper, Gar Vic, and Dynamic Chassis slot cars buried in a dump somewhere makes me ask “WHAT WAS I THINKING?”

https://www.motortrend.com/features/los-angeles-slot-car-museum-profile

Anonymous

A shame they ended up in the bin……………the old stuff is way cooler !!

Cheers

Chris Walker

Russkit “Carrera” chassis,……….you had to be a very good builder to scratchbuild something better in the mid 60’s.

Champion #265 chassis,…an “off the shelf” chassis, that made several non builders competitive (1966)

Cox ‘Dino” chassis,……..the best Cox chassis for racing as it had the Ft16D motor.

A heavily modified Monogram chassis (1965)

An early 60’s Kemtron.

A modified K&B, with the “Super Challenger” motor,…..this was blown away by the 16D/Ft16D motors once they appeared.

AMT chassis,………….still very popular in Vintage racing.

A Dynamic component chassis with the Dynamic “Team” body mount pans.

I won’t bore you with the rest…….!!

Love that Kemtron chassis! Thanks for sharing Chris!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

What beautiful chassis’. Works of art. Thank you for sharing Chris. More photos of these will certainly not be boring.

Very cool list of chassis Chris. I have an old magazine article showing the Russkit chassis holding two AA batteries in those side pods to allow head/tail lights looked like a perfect fit.

Joe

Great pictorial, and I’m sure the “Walker Museum” has many other fine exhibits; go ahead Chris, please bore us with some others!

I’ve always wanted to visit the LASCM.

There was a video tour posted years ago somewhere online but I can’t seem to find it now.

Great work Chris. I’ll have to work up some of my 1/24 stuff.

Viewing 6 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.