• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

I have some regular Slot.It wheels and wanted to install a specific D’Art insert that’s only supposed to fit a standard RS-Slot wheel.

I bought a package of standard Slot.It inserts and gently sanded down the spokes to pop out the center and expose the outer ring by itself.

It was easy to press the D’Art insert into the ring. I could not get the inserts out of the rings once they were pressed in. I’ll use a drop of glue to make sure they don’t move.

I used 150-grit sand paper. It took 15-minutes of sanding by hand to get the spokes out from the outer rings. The belt sander would have disolved/melted the inserts in seconds. Slow is sometimes better.

Now anyone can install just about any standard 14mm D’Art insert in almost any 15″-inch Slot.It wheel. The sky is the limit.

Thanks for looking,

Ken

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
      Replies

Great idea! I never thought to do that – excellent!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

D’Art steel stock car inserts installed in standard Slot.It wheels. This idea worked much better than anticipated and was too easy to do. I can’t wait to use this combination in future builds.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.