• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by Avatar photoKen.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

This is the season to paint cars. Yesterday was another perfect paint day. So I kept the momentum going.

This colour is Tamiya TS-7 racing white. It will match my type C. I can officially start a team. “Club Weisse”.

No clear-coat required for this lovely pastel colour.

Das ist GUT!!

Nice job Ken.  Mine turned out well as well. Can’t beat the quality of Art’s bodies.

Thank you very kindly, Dave and Drew.

I tend to agree. A very reputable and seasoned racer said the following words on another public forum. “Art makes the best bodies on the planet”. Enough said.

I just found some interesting information through Google that supports the white paint theme for Auto Union cars.

“The color given to German racing teams was white, pure and simple. The traditional powerhouse brands, Mercedes-Benz and Auto-Union (which later became Audi) followed the trend, and later on, Porsche and BMW did the same.

But around the early 1930s, the Germans pushed for a second choice of color, Silver. This option came not as a paint per se but actually as a lack of it. Around this time, some of the official Mercedes-Benz and Auto Union cars started to show up at the tracks completely stripped of paint, proudly showing the bare, polished aluminum body.”

Hi Ken!

You’ll find a country colours chart here:

https://scale-modeler.ca/forums/topic/country-colour-reference-chart/#post-7027

Cheers!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Hi Art,

Thank you very kindly for the reference! 🙂

Hmmm, thought I’d posted this previously…Of course, being partial to Porsches…, one of Ferdinand Porsche’s 1st ‘success’ stories. Very interesting read, enjoy!!

https://www.hagerty.com/media/maintenance-and-tech/16-cylinders-and-270-mph-in-1938-the-auto-union-v-16-was-an-audacious-engineering-feat/

Nice article, Drew. Thanks for posting.

Viewing 8 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.