Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Art

COPPA D’ORO VII
      Pre World War II Grand Prix (1900-1939)
      PGP & PGP+

This Scratch32 favourite returns and promises to have the biggest field yet!!!

Make sure to bring your eligible scratch built models from the Golden Era of motorsport! This grid is divided into two sub groups:

• PGP; and
      • PGP+.

To be eligible all models must meet the following scratch32 criteria:

PGP1. Eligible Models: Any model that competed in a state or club sanctioned road, rally or endurance race or Grand Prix anywhere in the world before 1939. Later models with low streamlined bodies will comprise the PGP+ sub-class with no minimum clearance;

PGP2. BWMS050 ‘low power’ motor in an inline configuration;

PGP3. Wheels – must not exceed 16.5mm in diameter x 5.5mm in width. Inserts or wheel detail must be period correct and resemble original car;

PGP4. Maximum Overall Tire Diameter – Front and rear tires must not exceed 23mm in diameter. Rear tires must be DArt club urethane tires;

PGP5. Minimum Clearance:

• PGP But for the guide/guide sleeve/tube, wheels/tires & crown gear no part of the chassis, chassis components or body may be less than 5mm above the surface of the track; or
      • PGP+ There is no minimum clearance requirement but for G19 (see the Scratch32 rules & guidelines);

PGP6. Maximum Width/Track – The width of front and rear rolling assemblies may not exceed

• PGP 54mm; or
      • PGP+ 50.8mm;

in width excluding fenders, inserts, nuts or knock offs which may extend beyond – within reason.

Actual or period fantasy liveries are permitted with appropriate racing numbers. Period fantasy liveries must use liveries/colours/fonts used in that era (ie. an Auto Union with a french blue livery entered by a french pilot is period correct while the same car painted in a candy apple red for an Italian pilot would not be…).

On presentation to the grid our ‘Lego’ height gauge will be used to measure minimum clearance (PGP) along with new width templates (PGP & PGP+)… models failing either test will be scored & classed separately – as either PGP* or PGP+* and no penalty will be applied.

Please make sure to register all of your eligible models within this thread and if your model is not yet in our database please submit the online model registration form.

Details, links and photographs are strongly encouraged!

Deadline to register your entries is midnight Sunday December 12, 2021.

We will forego any food but bottled water and pop will be supplied.

Only fully vaccinated participants please. Please bring your mask.

Good Luck & Get Building!!!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Arthur

Well, someone needs to get the ball rolling for this one – so here goes!!! No surprises from this garagista… my first entry for the PGP class will be:

#32 – 193? Ford V8 Special piloted by Ireneu Correa in the 1935 Rio Grand Prix [35PW032-1AT]

Unfortunately Ireneu Correa passed in a first lap incident. For the history of the Rio Grand Prix click here. For more info on my build of this #32 model and history click here. For more pictures of this model from our scratch32 model gallery click here.

Arthur

Continuing along from this garagista… my second entry for the PGP class will be:

#6 – 1933 Alfa Romeo 8c 2300 piloted by Louis Chiron in a period fantasy livery [33PW006-1AT]

For info on my build of this #6 AirFix model CLICK HERE. For more pictures of this model from our scratch32 model gallery CLICK HERE.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Art.
      • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Art.
      Porsche911

From the Lyons Garage, I present 1935 Aston Martin Ulster 1.5L driven by “Count ‘Johnny’ Lurani” (yes an actual racing driver) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Lurani

Attachments:
      Arthur

Continuing along from this garagista… my third entry for the PGP class will be:

#34 – 1929 Mercedes Benz SSK piloted by Rudolf Caracciola in the 1929 Monaco Grand Prix [29PW034-1AT]

For more pictures of this #34 LifeLike scale slot car model visit our scratch32 model gallery or CLICK HERE.

Arthur

Continuing along from this garagista… my 1st entry for the PGP+ class which will be presented to the grid for the first time:

#4 – 1936 Auto Union Type C piloted by Bernd Rosemeyer in the 1936 German Grand Prix [NEW]. Rosemeyer would go on the win the race finishing just over 8 seconds ahead of team mate Hans Stuck and also set the fastest race lap. Auto Unions would finish 1st, 2nd, 4th and 6th.

MiA

After appearing to accept it, the web site seems to have blown away my initial submission for the race: So,

1. Auto Union Type C

2. Bugatti type 59

3. Alfa Romeo 1750 Grand Sport

4. Blower Bentley.

I’ll try again later and hopefully this one goes through as a place holder.

Porsche911

Garage Lyons will also enter 1930 Bentley Blower 4.5 L, purchased a few years back from the works team; been under repairs after being shunted in the most ungentlemanly fashion at it’s privateer premier.

Attachments:
      f1nutz

Rene Dreyfus will return in the #22 Bugatti.

MiA

Well after 3 more attempts have been unceremoniously blown away, I’ll just leave my earlier entry sans pictures??

MiA

So third time lucky?? For Coppa Doro VI:

1. Auto Union Type C

2. Bugatti type 59.

3. Depending on time, if only to run a few laps with Art’s lovely Alfa, an Alfa Romeo 1750 Grand Sport driven by Tazio Nuvalari.

4. If only to grace the pits, 1935 Blower Bentley driven by Sir Timothy Birken.

MiA

Couldn’t seem to sign up in the event announcement so:

1. My Type C Auto Union, which seems to have disappeared from the data base, will be there.

2. 34PW004-MA 1934 Bugatti T59 driven by Rene Dreyfus will race.

3. Time permitting, and if only to make a few laps with Art’s lovely Alfa, 31PW084-1MA  a 1931 Alfa Romeo 6c 1750 GT Driven by Tazio Nuvalari will arrive. They will look spectacular together.

4. And perhaps just to grace the pits, 30PW008-1MA, a 1930 4.5L Blower Bentley driven by Sir Timothy Birken will fill the transporter.

Jimbo

I will see you tonight forgot to enter will race auto union #5 hispano suiza #21 riley #11 and bugatti #2 Thanks JIm O

Jimbo

I will see you tonight forgot to enter will race auto union #5 hispano suiza #21 riley #11 and bugatti #2 Thanks JIm O also my alpha #7

MiA

That’s some time lag??!! Sorry to hear about the site issues, but… that was a great field last night. Thanks for hosting Art.

Pits were overflowing with wonderful cars. Great to see a lovely and fast Aston Martin Ulster and an incredibly detailed Auto Union Type C!! Great racing too!! Who’d have thought those old girls and boys would be so much fun!! Sorry the two Alfas didn’t get a chance to run together, perhaps next time.

Merry Christmas everyone in case we don’t manage to get together again before the 25th.

Porsche911

Great fun indeed, thanks again Art!!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.