• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Not really scratch built but I will ask for forgiveness later :unsure:

The Strombecker body I have had for years and always meant to paint plus I had a spare strombecker brass chassis.  I opted to use a 1/32 set up which has worked out well.  Motor is a Plafit Fox 11 (25k). Gears are slot-it. Wheels and inserts are BWA – though they are not quite right but they were in my spare box.  Tires are DArts.  Windscreen is cracked but a Future treatment has improved it while I look for another one (I know, good luck).

Anyway, thought I would share.

Let’s try the pictures again.

Attachments:
          You must be logged in to view attached files.

Looks very nice Dave! :good: How does she run?

Drew

She runs very well and benefits from the modern parts switch.  Other models where I used the old axle/gear set up don’t run as well.

Looks nice Dave.

The scratch32 crew were debating a class in the new year that might run vintage chassis & parts… in the end the consensus was that it might just be too expensive since very few had vintage 1/32 scale cars… but an interesting proposal nonetheless…

Keep ’em com’n!!!

Art

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Looks great!

Thanks for the inspiration. I have a pristine Strombecker Chaparral 2D and a few Eldon bodies from 1968 that could use a few updates.

Ken

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.