• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I bought a Ninco AC Cobra missing some parts a long while back. Steve and Art were with me at Carefree Hobbies when Nick (store owner) quoted $20. My brothers in slot cars were a bit dissapointed that they didn’t see the car first. I was lucky that day. Thanks Nick!

The body used to look like this.

The car I would like to make is a Targa Florio livery from 1966. It will also serve as a Sportscar SP+.

This idea started long before last July when I originally painted the body. Too many plans… Too many cars… The sun really makes the metallic pop.

This Cobra will get a Scalex FF 050 slim line motor with an offset crown – 9 x 27. Stock, legal motor for this class.

Excellent job Ken; beautiful car, well executed all around. Love the body colour, and the authentic gold wheel inserts really stand out and match nicely. Haven’t kept track of all of them, but this looks like it may be one of your best builds!?

Perfect model for the SP+ class Ken! I’ll need to wear my sunglasses when you race it!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Thank you very kindly Felix and Art.

The crystal clear D’Art headlights saved the day with this car since that’s what was missing. I have yet to see better quality headlights than the ones that come with the D’Art Porsche 550 Spyder. It completed the car.

It seems I left this thread unfinished. The car is complete. The last thing to go into the car was a radiator grill.

Viewing 5 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.