- This event has passed.
R32 LXXVIII @ Nova Ridge
Saturday, December 2, 2023 @ Nova Ridge
(9am – 2pm)
Enjoy the crisp bright fall colours outside as Jack Frost silently creeps in… and while days might be getting shorter a lap at Nova Ridge will brighten your brow! Test your nerves with six very different classes: Boulevard Cruiser, Trans Am, 1970’s Grand Prix, Group 5, 1960-1965 SCCA & USRRC North American Sportscar Plus and Hot Rod! It is most definitely a mad mad mad mad world!!!
Notice that we’ve added a sixth class (or race) and we’re changing our routine so that we go from slow to fast and then back to slow. The math says that we can easily accommodate a sixth class (for up to 7 racers) without reducing the lengths of our heats and still have 15 minutes in between classes. But not everyone will want to race all 6 classes for any number of reasons – whether to pace yourself by sitting out a few races or you don’t have a car ready yet or you might have to leave early or you just want to watch/marshal the action first – it doesn’t matter. There will be no cap on total attendees either. This should be a win/win for everyone. As always, time will tell.
This race day is open to current Scratch32 members only. Advance registration is not required – simply show up with models for the classes listed below.
- Boulevard Cruiser (BC)
- Trans Am (TA)
- 1970’s Grand Prix (70GP)
- Group 5 (G5)
- 1960-1965 SCCA & USRRC North American Sportscar Plus (USSP+)
- Hot Rod (HR) [time permitting]
For our class criteria please visit the R32 sub-forum here.
- Doors Open @ 9am – Timed Practice
- Green Flag @ 9:30am
- Classes will be raced in the order listed above
- Checkered Flag @ 2pm
- European rotation. Finish result will seed subsequent race rotation position
- 3 minute heats (180 seconds) x 4 (lanes) for a total of 12 minutes per race
- 3 or more marshals for every heat (if numbers permit)
- Race to line result will determine finishing order
- Final race scoring will be posted with reference to car number (not pilot) and accompanying photographs will include cars in finishing order
DON’T FORGET YOUR CONTROLLER!
Make sure your controller is in tip top shape and that your brakes function reliably! All R32 tracks require the use of three pole positive polarity controllers. Banana plugs are highly recommended but alligator clip hookups work just as well.
DArt CLUB SERIES URETHANE TIRES ONLY – NO EXCEPTIONS!
Please note that as per our R32 class criteria ALL rear tires must be DArt brand Club Series Urethane Tires, without exception. Front tires may be either stock or DArt Club Series Urethane Tires. If you need DArt Club Series Urethane Tires you can order them here or email DArt here.
Please park anywhere outside the main entrance/lobby. If the main entrance (or the stairs or elevator) are locked please call or text me at (437) 247-6587.
NO ACCOUNT? NO PROBLEM!
If you do not have a Scratch32 user account but are interested in joining us to race or if you need the event address and/or suite number please email me here.
See ya’ll then!
Boulevard Cruiser (BC)
- Eligible Hard Body Models: Any 1955 through 1963 full size American car. Gunze, Sangyo, Revell and AMT brands are highly recommended. Personalized licence plates are strongly encouraged while race numbers are not necessary (and in fact discouraged).
- Motor: BWNC1
- Chassis: Any in any configuration
- Front and Rear Tires: Any DArt Club Series Urethane Tire [DArt D7 (black or white walls) strongly recommended]
Trans Am (TA)
- Eligible Models: Sidewinder Scalextric and Pioneer Trans Am models
- Motor: ‘Stock’ Pioneer or Scalextric (with 11×36 gearing)
- Rear Tires: DArt Club Series (SC0801 Urethane Tires recommended)
- Front Tires: Stock or any DArt Club Series (SC0801F Urethane Tires recommended)
- Minimum overall weight of 85g
- Optional modifications:
- Guide – may be replaced by any 1:32 guide together with any guide adapter
- Wheels – front and back may be replaced by any 14mm aluminium wheel. Inserts are to be period correct and resemble original car
- Axles – may be replaced with solid axles (front & rear) or hollow axle (front) to facilitate ‘free spinning’)
- Bushings – rear nylon/plastic bushings may be replaced with bronze/oilite bushings
- Gearing – any 36T spur gear may be used together with any manufacturer 11T pinion
1970’s Grand Prix (70GP)
- Eligible Models: Any provided the model represents a Grand Prix car which competed from 1970 through 1980;
- Chassis: Any inline chassis;
- Motor: Scalextric FF050 or Fly / Flyslot FF050 as provided in current releases by these manufacturers;
- Tires – Any size DArt Club Series urethane replacement tire:
- Rear maximum width of 16mm; and
- Front maximum width of 10mm;
- Maximum overall width is 68.5mm.
Group 5 (G5)
- Eligible Models: Any Sideways brand Anglewinder ‘Group 5’ model;
- Motor: ‘Stock’ Sideways plain yellow wrapper;
- Rear Tires: Any DArt Club Series Urethane Tire [DArt D11 strongly recommended];
- Minimum overall weight of 84g;
- Optional modifications: Any parts that come standard on any currently eligible model may be used or incorporated into older eligible models (ie. pods, etc.). Any aftermarket washers permitted.
1960-1965 SCCA & USRRC North American Sportscar Plus (USSP+)
- Eligible Hard Body Models: Any Sportscar that competed in an SCCA or USRRC race between 1960 and 1965;
- Motor: Any
- Front: Stock or any size DArt Club Series Urethane Tire;
- Rear: Any size DArt Club Series Urethane Tire;
Hot Rod (HR)
- Eligible Models: Any model with or without fenders;
- Chassis: Any inline chassis;
- Motor: BWMS050;
- Tires: Any size DArt Club Series urethane tire (ie. SC0120 (rear) & SC0120F (front) recommended);
- Maximum width of front and rear rolling assemblies (track) is 50.8mm but bodies/fenders may be wider; and
- At least one racing number.