R32 LXXIX @ Spa Lyons
Saturday, December 9, 2023 @ Spa Lyons
(10:30am – 2:00pm)
The last R32 fling in 2023 features NASCAR (NC), Classic LeMans (CLM), Group 5 (G5) and Group C (GCI)! IROC time permitting…
If you’ve received an invitation by email from the host please confirm your attendance by replying directly to the host.
- NASCAR (NC)
- Classic LeMans (CLM)
- Group 5 (G5)
- Group C/IMSA (GCI)
- IROC (TBD) [Time Permitting]
For our class criteria please visit the R32 sub-forum here.
- Doors Open @ 10:30am – Timed Practice
- Green Flag @ 11:30am
- Classes will be raced in the order listed above
- Break for Za [TBD]
- Checkered Flag @ 2:00pm
- 3 minute heats (180 seconds) x 3 (lanes) for a total of 9 minutes per race
- ‘Race to line’ result will determine finishing order
DON’T FORGET YOUR CONTROLLER!
Make sure your controller is in tip top shape and that your brakes function reliably! All R32 tracks require the use of three pole positive polarity controllers. Alligator clip hookups (or adapter) are needed for Spa Lyons.
DArt CLUB SERIES URETHANE TIRES ONLY – NO EXCEPTIONS!
Please note that as per our R32 class criteria ALL rear tires must be DArt brand Club Series Urethane Tires, without exception. Front tires may be either stock or DArt Club Series Urethane Tires. If you need DArt Club Series Urethane Tires you can order them here or email DArt here.
Hope to see you then! Cheers!
- Eligible Models: Scalextric brand Sidewinder NASCAR (Car of Yesterday or Car of Tomorrow);
- Stock parts only or identical plastic/resin replacements;
- Rear Tires: DArt Club Series SC0705 Urethane Tires;
- Front Tires: Stock Front Tires or DArt Club Series SC0705 urethane tires.
Classic LeMans (CLM)
- Eligible Models: Scalextric, Fly and SRC sidewinder ‘Prototype’ models which competed at Le Mans between 1965 through 1971
- Motor – ‘Stock’ Scalextric, Fly, SRC or equivalent (with 11×36 gearing)
- Rear Tires: DArt Club Series (FL0201 or NC0101 Urethane Tires recommended)
- Front Tires: Stock or any DArt Club Series
- Minimum overall weight of 80g
- Optional modifications:
- Wheels – front and back may be replaced with 14mm wheels – Inserts or wheel detail to match the original car
- Bushings – rear nylon/plastic bushings may be replaced with bronze/oilite bushings
- Axles & Front Pins – may be replaced with solid axles (front & rear) or hollow axle (front) to facilitate ‘free spinning’
- Gearing – stock gears may be replaced with any 11T pinion and any 36T crown
Group 5 (G5)
- Eligible Models: Any Sideways brand Anglewinder ‘Group 5’ model;
- Motor: ‘Stock’ Sideways plain yellow wrapper;
- Rear Tires: Any DArt Club Series Urethane Tire [DArt D11 strongly recommended];
- Minimum overall weight of 84g;
- Optional modifications: Any parts that come standard on any currently eligible model may be used or incorporated into older eligible models (ie. pods, etc.). Any aftermarket washers permitted.
Group C (GCI)
- Eligible Models: Any Slot.It brand inline Group ‘C’ or ‘IMSA’ model;
- ‘Stock’ parts only or identical plastic/resin replacements;
- Motor: ‘Stock’ White or Orange endbell Slot.It motor;
- Rear Tires: DArt Club Series D11 or SI0201 Urethane Tires;
- Minimum overall weight of 80g;
- Optional modifications: Any Slot.It parts that come standard on any currently eligible model may be used or incorporated into older eligible models (ie. offset pods and offset crown gears, larger diameter wheels, screws with metal washers, set screws and spacers for aligning front axles, etc.). Any aftermarket washers permitted.