R32 LXVIII @ Nova Ridge
February 18 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
R32 LXVIII @ Nova Ridge - February 18, 2023
Saturday, February 18, 2023 @ Nova Ridge Motorsports Park (9am - 2pm)
- 1950's Endurance Sportscar (50SP)
- Trans Am (TA)
- 1970's Grand Prix (70GP)
- Modern LeMans Prototype/GT (LMP)
- Boulevard Cruisers (BC) [Time Permitting]
For our R32 class rules please visit our R32 sub forum here.
- Doors Open @ 9am
- Green Flag @ 10am
- Classes will be raced in the order listed above
- Checkered Flag @ approximately 1:45pm
- Random chip draw will determine rotation position for the first race. Finishing race order will determine rotation position for the next race, and so on.
- 3 minute heats (180 seconds) x 4.
- Four marshals for every heat (if numbers permit).
- Race to line result will determine finishing order.
- Final race results will be posted with reference to car # (not driver) and accompanying photographs.
Don't Forget Your Controller!
Please park anywhere outside the main lobby of 755 Queensway East. Enter the lobby and take the stairs up to the second floor. From the second floor hallway turn right and then make another right and proceed down the carpeted hallway to suite 206.
The second floor has washrooms located near the elevator/stairways (on the north side of the main hall).
Please bring anything with you that you wish to eat/drink. If you do get hungry or thirsty you are encouraged to visit La Casa Dolce Bakery & Cafe at the west corner of the building (facing the main street intersection). La Casa Dolce is a family operated coffee bar with baked deserts, sandwiches, pizza, soups and salads. Visit their website here for info on hours and menu.
DArt Club Series Urethane Tires ONLY! No Exceptions!
Please note that as per our R32 class criteria (see below) ALL rear tires must be DArt brand Club Series Urethane Tires, WITHOUT EXCEPTION. Front tires may either be stock or DArt Club Series Urethane Tires. If you need DArt tires email DArt at ' [email protected] '.
No Account? No Problem!
If you do not have a Scratch32 account but are interested in racing please email me... Send your email to ' [email protected] '.
Good Luck and see you then!
1950’s Endurance Sportscar (50SP)
- Eligible Models or Hard Bodies: Any 1950’s era Sportscar (production or prototype) that competed in an endurance race between 1950 and 1959 lasting at minimum 6 hours, 1000 kilometers or over multiple stages spanning several days;
- Low Power Motor: BWA BWNC1, Ninco NC1, Ninco NC8, BWA BWMS050 or Vanski FF050;
- Front and Rear Tires: Any DArt Club Series Urethane Tires;
- Maximum width of body not to exceed 57mm;
- Minimum overall weight of 75g.
Trans Am (TA)
- Eligible Models: Sidewinder Scalextric and Pioneer Trans Am models
- Motor: ‘Stock’ Pioneer or Scalextric (with 11×36 gearing)
- Rear Tires: DArt Club Series (SC0801 Urethane Tires recommended)
- Front Tires: Stock or any DArt Club Series (SC0801F Urethane Tires recommended)
- Minimum overall weight of 85g
- Optional modifications:
- Guide – may be replaced by any 1:32 guide together with any guide adapter
- Wheels – front and back may be replaced by any 14mm aluminium wheel. Inserts are to be period correct and resemble original car
- Axles – may be replaced with solid axles (front & rear) or hollow axle (front) to facilitate ‘free spinning’)
- Bushings – rear nylon/plastic bushings may be replaced with bronze/oilite bushings
- Gearing – any 36T spur gear may be used together with any manufacturer 11T pinion
1970’s Grand Prix (70GP)
- Eligible Models: Any provided the model represents a Grand Prix car which competed from 1970 through 1980;
- Chassis: Any inline chassis;
- Motor: Scalextric FF050 or Fly / Flyslot FF050 as provided in current releases by these manufacturers;
- Tires – Any size DArt Club Series urethane replacement tire:
- Rear maximum width of 16mm; and
- Front maximum width of 10mm;
- Maximum overall width is 68.5mm.
Modern LeMans Prototype/GT (LMP)
- Eligible Models: Any hard body modern (1995 or newer) era model that competed at Le Mans regardless of designation or class
- Rear Wheels: Minimum 14mm diameter (or larger)
- Rear Tires: DArt Club Series (D11 recommended)
- Front Tires: Stock or any DArt Club Series
- Working head/tail lights NOT required
Boulevard Cruisers (BC)
- Eligible Models or Hard Bodies: Any 1955 through 1963 full size American car. Gunze, Sangyo, Revell and AMT brands are highly recommended. Personalized licence plates are strongly encouraged while race numbers are not necessary (and in fact discouraged).
- Motor: BWNC1 with any gearing
- Chassis: Any in any configuration [inline, anglewinder, sidewinder]
- Front and Rear Tires: Any DArt Club Series Urethane Tire
Registration opens at 01-02-2023 18:00
Registration closes at 18-02-2023 08:00
Max Participants: 8