Forums Scratch Built Models ZL1 Corvette Stingray

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Ken Ken 4 days, 17 hours ago.

• Author
    Ken
    Ken

The second Anatoly Arutunoff Corvette is well under way. Like the first. This car is built in honour of the man, and his efforts to enter the Targa Florio in 1971. The first Vette has a Scalex motor in line with the 327 that should have entered the race in 1970. This one is more in line with Anatoly’s 1971 – 427 Vette in that it has a Fox-10 for open class racing. I hope it will be completed by this week.

I learn something with each build. I left nothing on the table with respect to how close the body sits on the chassis on this one. Any lower and the tires touch the inside of the fenders. Perfect!  :good:

I tried to make this a sidewinder but the motor hits the bearing flange before the gears mesh properly. You can see where I shaved the aluminum past the bearing flange. I even tried to angle it, but there is not enough room to work with in this size aluminum tubing. By the time the gears mesh, the motor is well into the tire area. Back to inline we go. *mumble*  :scratch:

Ken

I came in last. But had a blast!

Art
    Art

Nice build Ken. :good:   I like the look of that black hood!

...'Bitter'...the Ferrari from Austria

Ken
    Ken

I tested the car today. It’s a fun car to drive with that Fox-10 motor. Art suggested a bit more weight should help it in the corners. It still needs decals.

Wheels are Anthracite Gray in colour.

I like the way this car sits. Slightly lower than the first one.

As per usual for my builds. The rear tires were touching the inner fender wells ever so slightly when pushing the limits of the body-float. I have no clue as to why. I left at least .003″ of an inch clearance on each side. Art seems to find these mistakes instantly. After 5-minutes of sanding it was all good, and the tires were spinning freely with full body-float.

Ken

Porsche911
    Porsche911

The cars look great in person, and speaking of ‘person’, you can now have a chance at owning 1 of the Cars Mr.Arutnoff campaigned…enjoy.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1963-lancia-flaminia/?utm_source=dailymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2018-12-06

Ken
    Ken

Thank you for your kind words Porsche911.

If only my garage and budget were a little bigger. I would not hesitate to buy the Lancia.

Mr Arutunoff had quite an interesting racing career. The days when you just bought a car and raced it.

Ken

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.