• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

Gents, for those of you looking to upgrade the wheels on your 1970’s Grand Prix cars these are my recommendations:

• Front: BWA BW13-300-093-375 which take a Small BWA insert and will fit the RM0202 tire (which will need to be trued down significantly);
    • Rear: Part Number PCS321413 “Classic Scalextric F1 Rear” from Pendle which has the typical skinny scalextric rib and will work with SC0105, SC0106 and FL0101 although none of these tires are a direct fit and would need to be glued in place. A small BWA insert will need to be ‘tubed’ with styrene to enlarge it enough to fit inside the .415″ insert opening. One other factor – these wheels do have a small boss for the set screw so make sure you have enough room for them to fit (68.5mm) – otherwise you will need to use single flanged bushings (with the flange on the inside of the bushing holders) – but since the boss is not that large (approx. 2.5mm) they should fit most applications without issue;

Both of these front and back wheels are aluminium (which are allowed). Furthermore, there are other rear wheels available, some of which I have yet to try myself but this should get anyone started. Of course, if you are upgrading your wheels you will also want to replace your axle, bushings and crown gear (make sure to keep the mandated ratio however).

Cheers! :good:

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

There has been an update for the supplier of the front wheels for this class. RS Slot Racing in the UK makes a 13 x 7 wheel that fits perfectly.

http://www.rsslotracing.com/parts.htm

Part number is RSW006.

The information for the rear wheels and D’Art tires is still current.

Happy building!

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.