Forums General Information The Targa – Proposed NEW DArt Circuit

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ArtArt

For the last several years I’ve contemplated building a second track (to accompany The Ring) in the theme of one of my favourite now long lost venues – the Targa Florio – my overall plan is to make it floor to ceiling, 2 or 3 lanes and very long (at least 120 ft in length). I’ve studied other tracks made in the spirit of the Targa and many historical pictures/resources of the circuit(s).

At this stage I’m planning lighting and overall footprint so while I do so I would welcome links to any interesting pictures, online resources or other helpful things that you may have come across to offer inspiration while planning the layout of this new circuit.

I have no deadline nor am I in any rush to complete this project so should it take a year or more to complete (or even start) that is just fine.

Thank you for any contribution – just reply to this topic.

Cheers!

Let's Get Building!

Porsche911Porsche911

Hi Art, sounds epic, Molto Benne!!!

This one is a Targa FLorio homage…and pretty good too, buildings and countryside/rocks spectacular!  :good:

http://www.farroutslotcars.com/Tracks-Bill-Schniedewinds-Targa-Florio.html

And here, some good pics

TRIBUNE CERDA 2004

for the Tiffosi

F 166 SC 006I (1950-04-02 Targa Florio, Bordonaro #429, DNF) 01.1

Think I might have posted this before, but pretty cool

and this, narrated by Vic Elford!!

Will compile some more for you, and look forward to seeing your creation! Will help when I can if needed.

Porsche911Porsche911

Will keep my eyes peeled for 1/32 Goats, Sheep an Donkeys too!!

Porsche911Porsche911

Ancoro uno…nice leisurely drive, the History of the event

KenKen

Cool stuff Porsche911.

I would be happy to help by offering my hands and tools. I also have a 4′ x 8′ trailer for materials. I can bring a little liquid inspiration AKA wobbly-pop. I can also bring a little bag of oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies for nourishment. That should help keep the project moving. I stand ready. Just say the word. :good:

DBDB

Sounds like a worthwhile project and I know you are up for the job Art.  I am sure you are aware of Luf’s site.  There are numerous pictures of the Targa Burnaby track – very cool.    In fact there are 2 to 3 Targa track versions on the site that he created.

http://www.oldslotracer.com/TargaBurnaby1.html

Take care folks

• This reply was modified 6 days, 9 hours ago by DBDB.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.