• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

The trouble-shooting article in this thread is extremely useful concerning the learning curve needed to figure out how to paint. Peter Johnson really knows his stuff. Anyone that paints model cars should have a printed copy somewhere in their shop. At first I made almost every mistake. Then took the advice and chipped away at my mistakes until I became a better painter. Very few people saw my mistakes thanks to “Super-Clean”.

“Super Clean mistake remover” should be added to the bottom of Peter’s article. If at first you don’t succeed? Just start again.

Drew. Thanks for posting this. It was one of the first articles I read joining this club. But forgot to mention how useful it was to me. Many cars painted and still going strong.

The only point I would add: If you can avoid primers, multiple colour coats, and clear-coats. The paint won’t chip as eaily. You can buff some scratches out with car wax. These are slot cars and they will have off’s. It’s a part of our hobby that static modellers don’t experience.

If you’re going to avoid primers. Don’t fight the colour chart by trying to paint a bright red plastic body, white. It will eventually have pink show up somewhere. Stay within the colour range of orange, bronze, etc… Or. If you must change red plastic to white paint? It might be one of the few times to use primer.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.