Forums R32 Sportscar Club Cup I

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      ArtArt

Sportscar Club Cup I

Description:

Sportscar Club Cup

Monday December 23, 2019 (Part I) & January 6, 2020 (Part II)

Timed Practice: 5:30 - 6:50 pm

Green Flag: 7:00 pm

Dust off your S32 eligible sportscars (1950-1965), R32 eligible sportscars (1950-1970) & USRRC/SCCA eligible models (1960-1964) and compete with them all in this NEW format series!

Slow or fast any model has the potential to finish atop the podium!

Regardless of chassis or motor these gems will all compete together - the only stipulation is that they each meet the rules for their respective series...

NOTE: Since SCCA/USRRC & Scratch32 models have no minimum weight requirement there will be NO minimum weight requirement for any models entered in this event, including R32 sportscar models.

But here's the FIRST catch! This event will have 4 separate 'races' - three with different brackets and one without - go faster than the bracket and your lap is disallowed - the combined results in all 4 will decide the overall winner.

Format will be as follows:

1. Rotation A: 8 second bracket for 240 second heats (x3);
      2. Rotation B: 7.6 second bracket for 210 second heats (x3);
      3. Rotation C: 7.2 second bracket for 180 second heats (x3);
      4. Rotation D: NO BRACKET for 130 second heats (x3).

AND unlike bracket racing anywhere else there is one more SIGNIFICANT catch - no scoreboard to watch during green flag racing!

Random draw will determine the order of picks but everyone will be able to choose their position in the rotation for each of their models - which will stay the same for all four rotations - so pick wisely! Spy on others during practice or review prior race results - and choose your heat rivals wisely for they may actually help you stay on pace!

Bring as many models as you wish - only time constraints and number of pilots will limit the number of entries.

No need to preregister models - just register your own attendance - and then select which models you wish to race after practice beforehand.

Registration opens at 15-12-2019 06:51

Registration closes at 23-12-2019 17:00

Max Participants: 15

Registered Users:

1. artdart
      2. KensRedZed
      3. MiA
      4. JonnyRocket
      5. Luis

Registration is currently closed.

Let's Get Building!

KenKen

Welcome to S32 JonnyRocket. :good:

Happy racing, and best of luck! :yahoo:

Police label anyone attacking Chuck Norris as a code 45-11. A suicide.
      If you spell "Chuck Norris" in scrabble. You win. Forever.

ArtArt

Here Here!

See you again on Monday JonnyRocket! :yahoo:

Let's Get Building!

ArtArt

For those who have them please plan to race up to four models per builder/owner – those with fewer models may race their model(s) multiple times which will be scored separately and the best result used. :good:

Let's Get Building!

KenKen

I was going to bring the usual trailer load. But with this open invitation. I’m skipping past the whole garage idea and bringing the entire dealership. :good:

A very small dealership however…

KenKen

Art. Thanks again for hosting a super fun evening!

I have not laughed so hard in a long time. At first I thought bracket racing would not be very fun. By trying to push each other to drive under the posted lap times, it didn’t take long before it became a hoot!

I look forward to the second half of this race. If there’s a law against having too much fun? We just broke it. :yahoo:

MiAMiA

Thanks for hosting Part I. Just a reminder everyone, “Bring as many models as you wish – only time constraints and number of pilots will limit the number of entries” & “please plan to race up to four models per builder/owner” is code fordon’t forget your tent and sleeping bag, it’s going to be a lot of racing B-) It was great!! :yahoo:

Looking forward to Part II :good:

KenKen

Too funny MIA! You mean snow tent and winter sleeping bag good to minus-40? There shouldn’t be too many frogs in the pond this time of year. Or wild life in the backyard. Unless of course you get those rare winter mosquitoes! :whistle:

ArtArt

Gents,

I’ve attached a .pdf of my spreadsheet for both rotations (A & B) so far representing the half way mark of the race. Entries are sorted in current running order for convenience… enjoy!

Let's Get Building!

KenKen

It couldn’t be any closer!

Thanks for posting. :good:

KenKen

Art. Thanks a million for hosting this eye opening event!

Congrats to the newbie JonnyRocket for winning his first heat during the rounds of racing. Must have something to do with that fancy exhaust system you installed. Nice to see another scratch 904 Porsche added to the club too! :good:

MiAMiA

Thanks for hosting another interesting format Art. Lots of fun and tons of track time!! :good:

It was a great event with a lot of opportunity for us new in the hobby to have longer time on the track.

Thank You Arturo for having us.

ArtArt

Club Cup I

This field of ‘sportscars’ comprised a grab bag of models representing numerous disciplines. Participants included variants from scratch built models to  RTR, plastic to metal chassis, vintage to aftermarket, RTR front motor to custom mid-inline configurations and unlimited to low power motors – a true grab bag!

Official Overall Final Results

1. K#4 – 289 Laps (57.107 ext.);
      2. M#98 – 288 (44.728);
      3. A#15 – 288 (60.742);
      4. K#34 – 284 (51.618);
      5. A#29 – 284 (59.973);
      6. M#65 – 284 (61.494);
      7. K#15 – 283 (43.024);
      8. K#41 – 282 (30.461);
      9. M#56 – 281 (65.863);
      10. A#34 – 280 (50.719);
      11. L#76 – 278 (57.465);
      12. L#35 – 277 (45.062);
      13. M#410 – 277 (57.855);
      14. J#1 – 274 (65.100);
      15. L#67 – 265 (68.652);
      16. A#288 – 261 (30.105).

Cheers to Ken in his Lotus 30 #4 – our inaugural Club Cup Champ! Cheers to everyone who participated! Cheers also to those who helped marshal – including Jimbo!

Attached is a breakdown in .pdf format of all four rotations per entry. Enjoy!

Let's Get Building!

KenKen

Greenlea Snodgrass is in humble, but happy shock at the results. That was a super close race. Sneeze and you fall behind. It was anyone’s race the entire distance. Everyone deserves a round of applause for the marathon run!

Clearly… the D’Art Lotus-30 is a winning Supercar. :yahoo:

Very wise to have the unlimited class race the shortest time. My fastest car could not make up for all the disqualified laps for running too fast in the earlier heats. Oops. :wacko:

Thanks a million again for hosting! I’ve got my sleeping bag and tent ready for the next marathon.

Thank you so very much for hosting this race! An incredible endurance and impressive talent makes it a ton of fun! :yahoo:

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.