Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I am sad to report that John Flinn passed today.

He had been undergoing some fairly aggressive  Chemo for the last couple of weeks.

The only blessing is that the whole affair was very quick……a couple of us were at his cottage in mid Dec., doing a few laps, eating Pizza, and sharing silly stories.

RIP John

Chris

Chris. My deepest condolences for the loss of a friend.

A childhood friend of mine passed away New Years Day. He was a few months younger than me.

My aunt suffered her 3rd stroke earlier this week, and passed away this afternoon. She was 87.

I’m sorry  to hear that John has passed away. He was always a gentleman and very welcoming to newcomers to the sport. Condolences to his family and all of you who knew him well.

Steve

I am sorry to hear you lost a friend, I did not have the pleasure of meeting him but it is always hard to loose one that we love.

Hello Gentlemen:

I am a long time lurker on this Board and do know or have raced with a few of you.   I have known John since the beginning of the Maxport II Club in midtown Toronto some 12 years ago.

A real “car guy” who one day rediscovered Slot Car racing as many of us have.   Besides racing at Maxport, he also raced with the SS32 (the club before the creation of R32).   He once told me he enjoyed Slot Car racing and the guys (at least most of them)  more so than his 1:1 Car friends.

He always made me laugh when he would tell me how many slot cars he owns after taking an inventory.  “That’s it, no more cars!” he would say.
            However when something new would come out, he would proudly show his latest purchase.

Peace to you John.

Gary

Sad to hear about John. 😥

I’ll miss our annual visits to race in the cottage sun room, drool at the cars in the garage and admire the view from the ‘back’ yard. Times are bad enough these days without this sort of thing on top of it. Hopefully, wherever John is, there is an ample supply of fast cars (big and small) and beautiful  sunsets. :rose:

I didn’t know John though I would offer my condolences to his family and friends. My wife has lost a couple of older friends this past year so I respect the loss people feel.  Ken my condolences to you as well for your losses.  We are all living in times that are testing our resolve and our sense of humanity yet the slot car hobby connection does help us deal with what life sends our way.

In memory of John as is custom at The Ring Fritz Stroebl fixed John’s chip to the pilot’s wall. He joins Paddy and Jack. Hopefully the three of them are racing together.

Until We Meet Again

Attachments:
                You must be logged in to view attached files.

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Guy’s

We lost a good one in John always fun to race with and talk slot cars or real cars. Whether it was a slot car race, Mosport or the bar at the Seneca Lodge on the Vintage Race weekend in Watkins Glen whenever I ran into John he was always ready to talk and share his enthusiasm for our hobby.

Race on  John RIP.

Joe

Very sorry to hear of John’s passing, and my deepest sympathy to Valerie. Fellow Porschephile, he loved his cars! I brought him a few ‘Bobby figures’ for his track opening, they were in need of new paint, but he was very happy and grateful for my ‘track warming’ gift. Over the years, John purchased some cars from me, and always had the same refrain; “Well, I don’t really need it but…” :yes:

Drew

Very sad to hear of John’s passing. Deepest sympathies to his family. I always enjoyed chatting and racing at his wonderful track.

Bill

Hello Guys,

It seems like Minigrid is organizing an auction with the cars (200) that once belonged to Mr John Flinn starting Monday, February 22nd and I thought it was a good idea to help promote the iniciative. I received an e mail from Minigrid and all you have to do is sign into their web page to register and place your bid

Viewing 10 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.