This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Art Art 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author
    Art
    Art

For the 29th time Ringwood returns on March 25, 2019 – still our longest running event! Featuring the greatest years of Grand Prix racing from the inception of the World Driver’s Championship right up to the dominance of the great Ford Cosworth V8 – 1950 through to 1980! Scratch32 rules for the following four classes apply:

• 1950’s Grand Prix;
    • 1.5L Grand Prix;
    • 3L Grand Prix;
    • 1970’s Grand Prix.

Make sure to register up to three models for each class within this thread. If it is a new model being presented to the grid for the first time please also complete our online model registration form which you will find on our Welcome/Forms page – just use the top bar menu to navigate there from anywhere…

Let's Get Building!

Art
    Art

Again we’ve got lots of door prizes and awards for this one:

• The Voisin award for best marshal – our most prestigious award (courtesy KEN);
    • Our top door prize will be a KYOSHO Lancia Stratos Turbo Group 5 Silhouette (No. 599) [No. 03141F] (courtesy KEN) – I’m throwing my chip into the draw for this…
    • Several Hot Wheels (courtesy KEN) & just this morning I discovered a box of DArt tires made but never listed – some vintage, some 1:24 – so they will go into the door prize draw as well…

Those who register models in this thread please let me know your preference – we always do the usual pizza or perhaps for a little more we can go all out chinese – but for chinese I’ll need to know a few days beforehand…

Let's Get Building!

JMSracer
    JMSracer

The JMS team has loaded the transporter with the following cars which are all in the data bank and have run at previous events.

Heading south for the week, see ya’ll at Ringwood.

Ken
    Ken

1.5L – BRM 578 #18 Friedrich Von Fender Bender -62GP008-1KM

Forms will be sent if I can build more cars. I have very little personal time these days.

Ken

Chuck Norris wears sunglasses to protect the sun from his glare!

Art
    Art

Well, starting with the 1950’s:

From 1956: 56GP011-1AT

…and from 1959: 59GP008-1AT 

Let's Get Building!

Art
    Art

…and for the early 1960’s (1.5L Grand Prix):

from 1961: 61GP030-1AT 

…and 1964: 64GP007-1AT 

Let's Get Building!

Art
    Art

…and later in the 3.0L era:

From 1966: 66GP012-1AT 

and 1968: 68GP008-1AT 

Let's Get Building!

Art
    Art

…and then from the 1970’s:

From 1971: 71GP017-1AT 

…from 1974: 74GP008-1AT

…also from 1974: 74GP015-1AT 

See everyone Monday night!

Let's Get Building!

Jimbo

See you tomorrow night I plan to race  50s-lancia #2,Lotus #4, 60s porsche#3 stack pipe #12, 3litre eagle #5 honda #8,70 ligier#25,mclaren#11 brm#4  Thanks JIm

MiA
    MiA

MiA will bring:

#12 – J.F. Gonzalez (Ferrari 375)

#2 – G. Hill (BRM P61)

#1 – J. Brabham (Cooper T53)

#3 – P. Depailler (Tyrrell 007)

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by MiA MiA.
    Art
    Art

Gents,

For those of you who plan to attend and participate in Ringwood XXIX here’s a special event promo in addition to the door prizes:

Spend $40 or more on any DArt’s products and receive your choice of:

• a pair of DArt orange dot SI0201 urethane tires AND any regular pair of DArt urethane tires (valued at $12.50); OR
    • a pre-paid ticket to win either a $1000 (1st prize) or $400 (2nd prize) booze basket (valued at $10/ticket with a 1/250 chance to win – draw this Friday); OR
    • free pizza & pop (valued at $10) for the evening;

Cheers! See everyone at Ringwood! :good:

Let's Get Building!

Porsche911
    Porsche911

Apologies, and odd..thought I registered yesterday, though don’t see??? Unfortunately, cannot make it tonight, son’s playoff schedule changed yesterday, game tonight. Enjoy the event!

Art
    Art

Hi Porsche911 – No need to apologize. Yes, you did register and subsequently cancelled so your registration was removed. The purpose of these threads is to gather information for participants, not chronicle reasons why they can’t attend. It just adds to confusion. Registrations should simply be removed by the participant if they can’t attend.

Good excuses don’t keep the lights on.

Cheers to JMSracer who took advantage of the special event offer – stay tuned for more at every scratch32 event!

I’ll have the event report ready this weekend.

Let's Get Building!

MiA
    MiA

Thanks for hosting another excellent evening with GP cars. :yahoo:

Ken
    Ken

Thank you very kindly for hosting a fun evening. Also, thank you for the tires/door prizes.

It’s unfortunate that Mr Shelby in the #5 Maserati 250F was not available for comment.

Chuck Norris wears sunglasses to protect the sun from his glare!

Art
    Art

Cheers!

…still working on the event report… stay tuned. BTW, models that raced in just one heat will have their heat result multiplied to reflect their relative performance over three heats (and in the race proper). We’ll do that for any event where multiple models are raced in a rotation.

Let's Get Building!

Art
    Art

Better late than never – here is the race report from Ringwood:

Ringwood XXIX

Let's Get Building!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.