Forums R32 R32 XII @ The Dale – June 11, 2018

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by MiA MiA 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Art
    Art

R32 XII @ The Dale - June 11, 2018

Description:

R32 XII - Monday, June 11, 2018 @ The Dale (7pm - 10pm)

Classes: NASCAR (NC), Sportscar (SP/SP+), Formula One (F1S/F1U) & LMP/GT (LMP);
    Doors Open @ 6pm; Pizza @ 6:30pm, Racing @ 7pm.

If you are interested in participating please let us all know by logging in and registering your attendance below.

Registration opens at 02-06-2018 08:00

Registration closes at 11-06-2018 18:00

Max Participants: 10

Registered Users:

1. artdart
    2. Jimbo
    3. racer68
    4. MiA
    5. KensRedZed

Registration is currently closed.

...just lay it on the line...

Art
    Art

Depending on the number of participants and since Sportscars are up and we have two Sportscar sub-classes (SP & SP+) those with both an SP and an SP+ model can race one of each – those with only one can race the same car twice (poorest result dropped). If numbers can’t accommodate this then everyone will simply race one car (of either sub-class) and results will be scored separately for each sub-class as well.

For Modern F1 which also has two sub-classes (F1S & F1U) everyone will simply race one car (of either sub-class) and results will be scored separately for each sub-class as well.

One more note:

At our last race at The River ‘self-marshalling’ was on the rise (by those who do not race with R32). In an effort to discourage ‘self-marshalling’ I remind everyone that ‘self-marshalling’ is a selfish and inconsiderate act which can adversely impact the race of others potentially with catastrophic result.

Please let the marshals do their job, or, if there is no marshal in that corner then please wait until the marshal makes a track call. If necessary, you may politely alert the marshals to the fact that your model is beached. Under no circumstances are pilots to marshal their own cars or press a track call button.

If your model is experiencing mechanical gremlins then you should stop it near a marshal of your choice (on a straight section immediately before a corner) and let the marshal correct or assess the problem and also determine whether or not a track call is necessary to give the pilot a chance to fix the problem.

Art
    Art

Gents,

Please do not leave your registration to the last minute. We’ve met the minimum number so it will be a go regardless… see ya’ll Monday! Door prizes are ready too!

Art
    Art

A reminder that to be eligible for either the SP or SP+ classes the body must not exceed 2.25 inches. That rule eliminates most of the faster RTR cars from the mid to late 60’s… but the Fly Porsche Carrera 6 and the Scaley Ferrari P4 are still narrow enough to qualify… food for thought?

Ken
    Ken

I am not sure if I will have cars ready. I may only marshal. Lead cars better be ready for some friendly heckling. And maybe a few noisy bags of Dorito’s as minor track-side distractions. And no you can’t have one of my chips while you race.  :whistle:

All in good fun.

Cheers,

Ken

I came in last. But had a blast!

f1nutz
    f1nutz

Sorry guys My back is acting up again so I won’t be able to make it.

Have agreat night

Bill

Ken
    Ken

Thanks to Jim for a hosting a great evening! Track conditions were flawless and the pizza excellent!

Not sure about the poor guy in the Austin Healey. Too many trips to the medical center. The first part of clover got the best of him. Multiple slow motion roll-overs. Someone suggested lowering the body until the hood touches the ground? That should work.  :good:

Cheers,

Ken

I came in last. But had a blast!

Art
      Art

Move/add your weight just behind the front axle to keep it from tipping – pretty good debut for that NC1 powered Ninco Classic model in stock form but for tires – well done!

Art
    Art

R32 XII

NASCAR:

NASCAR Results (9 min.):

1. Jim O. – 64 Laps (21.265 ext.);
    2. Art – 63 (11.740);
    3. MiA – 59 (4.499);
    4. Ken – 58 (12.055);
    5. Steve – 50 (14.383).

Sportscar:

Sportscar Results (9 min.):

SP:

1. Art #136 – 61 Laps (15.928 ext.);
    2. Jim O. #18- 58 (13.980);
    3. MiA #54 – 53 (17.607);
    4. MiA #410 – 52 (18.303);
    5. Ken #35 – 50 (27.809).

SP+:

1. Art #21 – 70 Laps (19.038);
    2. Jim O. #14 – 63 (14.298);
    3. Steve #722 – 46 (18.535).

Formula One:

Formula One Results (9 min.):

F1S:

1. Art – 70 Laps (15.424 ext.);
    2. Jim O. – 67 (14.275);
    3. MiA – 61 (7.202);
    4. Ken – 55 (17.551)*;
    5. Steve – 53 (18.609).

*temporary host exemption for loaned model pre-dating 2000

Modern LMP/GT:

Modern LMP/GT Results (9 min.):

1. Art – 77 Laps (20.173 ext.);
    2. Jim O. – 70 (10.125);
    3. MiA – 69 (21.485);
    4. Ken – 62 (16.646);
    5. Steve – 60 (4.277).

Art
      Art

Thanks for hosting again Jimbo! It was great to get in two races for the SP/SP+ classes… and no self-marshalling! Super! Cheers!

MiA
    MiA

What a great looking field of cars. Thanks everyone, and thanks for hosting Jim. Nice to see Mellow Yellow and Jenks and Moss out in the 1955 Mille Miglia car!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.