This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Porsche911 Porsche911 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Art
    Art
    Keymaster

New from DArthobbies – The Porsche 550 Spyder as raced at LeMans in 1954. Below is a picture of the Porsche factory team from that race:

There were other entries too. Notice what I’m guessing must be reflective tape or paint on each number… a rare colour photograph indeed…

The kit has too many parts to list. It comes with an interior tray that has provision for a passenger seat/navigator too – just add a DArthobbies Porsche full windscreen (not included)… no decals are provided. $50 each ($45 early bird price for kits ordered and paid for on or before June 19).

Cheers! :good:

...just lay it on the line...

f1nutz
    f1nutz
    Participant

Cool! I was wondering why the numbers were different on the sides. Looks kind of like a slot car track. Reflective strip would make sense though. Have you seen evidence of that? Will have to watch the race to find out.

Art
    Art
    Keymaster

No hard evidence of it – but the irregularity is a best guess…

Porsche911
    Porsche911
    Participant

I recently grabbed a resin 550 coupe, nowhere near as nice as a D’Art creation, however, I’ll bring with me to the chassis session, perhaps you can have a look, and then have at er’!

• Author
    Art
    Art
    Keymaster

New from DArthobbies – The Porsche 550 Spyder as raced at LeMans in 1954. Below is a picture of the Porsche factory team from that race:

There were other entries too. Notice what I’m guessing must be reflective tape or paint on each number… a rare colour photograph indeed…

The kit has too many parts to list. It comes with an interior tray that has provision for a passenger seat/navigator too – just add a DArthobbies Porsche full windscreen (not included)… no decals are provided. $50 each ($45 early bird price for kits ordered and paid for on or before June 19).

Cheers! :good:

f1nutz
    f1nutz
    Participant

Cool! I was wondering why the numbers were different on the sides. Looks kind of like a slot car track. Reflective strip would make sense though. Have you seen evidence of that? Will have to watch the race to find out.

Art
    Art
    Keymaster

No hard evidence of it – but the irregularity is a best guess…

Porsche911
    Porsche911
    Participant

I recently grabbed a resin 550 coupe, nowhere near as nice as a D’Art creation, however, I’ll bring with me to the chassis session, perhaps you can have a look, and then have at er’!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.