Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Art

Player’s 200 III

After more than a year this will be our third Scratch32 Player’s 200 – which you will remember is a spin off series from CANAM Thunder now incorporating SCCA/USRRC models that raced between 1960 through to and including 1965. Models that may have also competed in (and especially those that achieved success) in the later CANAM series are STRONGLY discouraged from this event. Period fantasy liveries are permitted. Since it doesn’t matter what class a model actually raced in this is a very wide net. Models must be ‘scratch built’ meaning that either the body or the chassis (or preferably both) must be original creations. Sorry, no RTR placeholders.

Models are divided into two sub-classes:

• (PC) – the usual ‘low power’ motor (see our list of low power motors in the Scratch32 Rules);
      • (PC+) – unlimited motor (if it doesn’t qualify for PC then it falls into PC+ and this can range from any vintage motor to anything custom made, sealed or not sealed.

Regardless of group or class every model that takes to the track MUST have DArt club urethane tires. Hard bodies are also a requirement. That is it. If in doubt ask. Any tire that adversely affects the performance of other participants will be checked and/or result in exclusion.

No ‘master list’ of eligible models or entries will be provided since it is easy enough to find much of this information freely on the internet. Do some research first and then ask if you have questions.

Register your eligible models within this thread. Every model registered will be presented to the grid and compete in this event unless withdrawn. Deadline to register is midnight September 12, 2021 and the deadline to withdraw is 12 hours later – specifically noon the day of the race.

Please only vaccinated builders and remember to bring your mask.

Good Luck – Now Get Building!

Jimbo

Please hold me a place still trying to figure out which cars to enter any suggestions? JImbo

Ken

Hi Jim,

There are a lot of cars that fit between 1960 and 1965. Here’s a link to a few suggestions.

One of many SCCA entry lists

At first I did a Google image search for “1960 SCCA entry list”. Then searched “1961 SCCA entry list”. I went through all the years and stopped searching at 1965. Too many choices to list them all.

You probably have many cars that fit. 🙂

Ken

I like to paint bodies, and make chassis. How may I help you build your car?

Art

Thank you Ken for your input and response to Jimbo. Your enthusiasm for our group is second to none – MiA is right up there with you though…

Teach someone how to fish… well – you already know my point here… thanks a million!

I’m just now starting to realize that only 3 or 4 people regularly follow Scratch32 especially since we don’t push information by email, notifications or other commercial tools… I think we are more like a government website or a dentist’s office – only used when absolutely necessary or as a last resort.

After I deliver my last track this Sunday I plan to take the balance of 2021 (and the whole of 2022) into new territory for me at least…

Stay well, be smart and get vaccinated, and most importantly, be supportive, compassionate and there for others – a little often goes a long way…

Arthur

I will enter:

PC: 64SP011-1AT

PC+: 61SP132-1AT

PC: 64SP004-1AT

Ken

From the Hot Rod Garage.

63SP027-1KM

64SP004-1KM

Porsche911

Greetings gentleman racers, hope all are well! Though I look at the site a few times weekly, been a while since I’ve posted anything….As much as I’d like to get out for some racing and camaraderie, even though I am double bubble vax’d, I still have concerns, and elderly/frail family members to consider, which is why I haven’t attended any events, or even ventured to anyone elses’ home save my mom and mom in law for last 18 months…

When and IF our fearless leaders assist in vanquishing this plague, I hope to feel differently and more confident to returning to ‘normal’, whatever that may be in our brave new world…

Art, I, like most if not all here appreciate your tireless efforts! Would love to see pics of your new creation, spectacular no doubt.

Stay well everyone.

Drew

MiA

For the Players 200:

I don’t really have any event specific cars scratch built for this event, but I think these ones built for other events should be eligible. If not, I’ll still come and marshal. Need to get my act together so to speak, way too many varied projects on the go for a slow guy it seems??

Porsche 550 spider #56 SP:

Jaguar D type #8 SP .

And this one may be the one Art doesn’t want to run as it appeared in later races, in which case it can stay a pit poopsie!!

Lola T70 # 16, SP+

Joe

Art

If I can get the chassis finished tomorrow I will be racing this Shelby Cooper Monaco.

Joe

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Ken

The Hot Rod Garage is burning the midnight oil to get a camel yellow McLaren M1B ready for race day.

Ken

Arthur

1965 #8 McLaren M1B piloted by Gustav Drovp (fantasy period livery) [NEW]

Arthur

WITHDRAWN: 1965 #8 McLaren M1B piloted by Gustav Drovp (fantasy period livery) [NEW]

DArt

For participating builders of the Player’s 200 III tonight DArt is offering the following in person promotion:

Buy 10 Pair of DArt Club Series Urethane Tires and Get 2 Pair FREE and a FREE package of UWN2 body washers!!!

Cheers!

eSHOP securely for DArts at https://shopdarts.square.site ...Quality 1:32 Scale Model Slot Car Bits & Pieces!

Art

So far our grid for tonight’s Player’s 200 III is as follows (in order registered):

• #?? – Jimbo TBD #1;
      • #?? – Jimbo TBD #2;
      • #?? – Jimbo TBD #3;
      • #11 – PC: 64SP011-1AT;
      • #132 – PC+: 61SP132-1AT;
      • #4 – PC: 64SP004-1AT;
      • #27 – 63SP027-1KM;
      • #4 – 64SP004-1KM;
      • #56 – Porsche 550 spider #56 SP;
      • #8 – Jaguar D type #8 SP;
      • #16 – Lola T70 # 16, SP+;
      • #14 – Joe: Shelby Cooper Monaco (Augie Pabst);
      • #?? – Ken: PC: camel yellow McLaren M1B;

All in all 13 entries from 5 builders! Cheers to all of our builders and to every entry!

Ken

My humble apologies. The McLaren will be car #41.

Jimbo

I would like to enter a cheeta #5 sp+ porsche RS61#8 sp+ porsche 550 #55 sp and a lotus 30 #23 sp Thanks JIm pizza please

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.