Forums Resources Workbench Essentials Non Toxic Paint Remover

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by DB DB 1 week ago.

• Author
    JMSracer
    JMSracer

Hi Guys

I highly recommend the EZ Strip all purpose remover.  It works really well… It removes lacquer’s and acrylic paints from your brush and hands without the toxic smell and chemicals on your skin.  I consider this a must have.  It can be found in your neighbourhood Home Depot paint department for $12 +/- a bottle.

ez

Ken
    Ken

Thanks JMS.

Ken

I came in last. But had a blast!

MiA
    MiA

Thanks Jim, I’ll give it a try.

JMSracer
    JMSracer

Once you use this stuff you will never go back to the toxic products used in the past.  This works just as well if not better and without any toxic smell.  It’s really impressive, it removes all types of paint, markers, ink, adhesive, glue, decals, tree pitch, bugs, tar, kitchen/garage grease, and any tough sticky stuff… you will love it.

Art
    Art

This is good news JMSracer and a must have on the workbench if that is the case!

...just lay it on the line...

DB
    DB

Picked up a small container today at HD for $4.97 to test it out on a few track buildings.  Thanks for the heads up Jim.

DB
      DB

Worked a treat on Scaly track buildings and there was no damage to the plastic.  Have a few cars with bad paint jobs which are next in line. :good:

Art
      Art

Let us know how quickly it cleans those bad paint jobs… Thanks DB!

...just lay it on the line...

DB
    DB

Here are some pics of my progress. Two cars.  One heavily painted and I suspect multiple paint jobs.  Second, mostly decals with some paint.

Conclusions:

Worth having on your workbench

Works really well on decals

Depending on the kind of paint used it works well or requires multiple applications.

The Corvette required 3 heavy applications and then targeted additional applications. This was a really thick paint and looked like it was applied by a brush.   The plastic body is not damaged in any way.   The last picture is the best it is going to be but with wet/dry sandpaper and a good primer it can be revived to live again!

DB

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.