• This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Ken.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Art

Building a Front Motor Indy Roadster (Part 1)

Description:

Monday, July 12, 2021 (10am - 2pm) INDOOR SESSION

Well - It's finally about time we put our minds to this project (again) - a BWMS050 front motor inline chassis for the Scratch32 Indy series - this one fabricated from brass and piano wire - old school. This chassis should fit under almost any eligible Indy Roadster body - and should accommodate a nearly full body pilot/interior. This will be the start of a multiple part build series. Bring the bodies you already have to compare dimensions...

I will try to stream portions of this session via twitch and everyone can participate using the chat feature... I'll post the channel details well in advance within this thread...

We'll do something for lunch, perhaps a BBQ, and eat outdoors (weather permitting). Masks need not be worn outdoors but will be required indoors. Indoor nature breaks now available too!!!

Since we will be indoors in order to comply with covid19 Stage 2 protocols we must cap this session at 5 participants.

Registration opens at 21-06-2021 00:00

Registration closes at 12-07-2021 10:00

Max Participants: 5

Registered Users:

1. artdart
      2. KensRedZed
      3. f1nutz
      4. racer68
      5. MiA

Registration is currently closed.

Ken

I have a few 2mm brass sleeves for anyone that needs one for their 1.5mm BWMS050 motor shaft.

I also have a length of spring donated by our friend Steve for anyone still looking for a coupler for their drive-shaft. Thanks again, Steve!

These items will be available at this meeting. :good:

Ken

I like to paint bodies, and make chassis. How may I help you build your car?

f1nutz

Sorry guys I completely blew it and forgot about this.
      Hope it went well.

MiA

Missed you. Obviously well into summer mode!!

Art

Thank you racer68 for donating your 3d printed front motor roadster chassis as a door prize! These chassis have a wheelbase to fit the DArt ’63 Watson Indy Roadster light weight body kit. Congratulations to Ken for winning it!

For those who might be interested in mating this chassis to your DArt ’63 Watson Indy Roadster body kit racer68 is asking $20 and I have 2 chassis to deliver to anyone interested who lives in the west end of the city/region. If you are interested let racer68 or myself know…

Cheers!

MiA

Thanks for a good day everyone and thanks for the chassis and the 1911 RR! An interesting discussion as well. A great day!

f1nutz

Hi Steve

i picked up a chassis from Art today and it looks great!

nice job!

cheers

Bill

racer68

Good Morning Bill

That’s great. I hope that the chassis helps speed your build. We now have enough cars either finished or under construction to have a really deep field for our upcoming Mini 500.

Cheers

Steve

Art

Our first Indy Roadster event will be on Monday October 25, 2021!!!

racer68

That’s great Art!

I was taking a look at the different cars that everyone has been working on and they’re all great. So many people have made such an effort it will be fantastic to see these cars racing each other.

Cheers

Steve

Ken

If anyone needs brass sleeve or spring material to connect your 1.5mm motor shaft to your 2mm driveshaft. Let me know?

Steve donated a ton of spring material. I bought two 12″ inch lengths of brass tubing.

Ken

I like to paint bodies, and make chassis. How may I help you build your car?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.