Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

If this was only a historical exibition race. Why try to overtake a slower car in a tight spot? Bad time to be in a hurry.

Forever etched in video…

Looks like the ‘red mist’ got the best of him!! :wacko:

Sadly that was only the beginning to the weekend’s carnage. Below that clip is a link to the live stream of the entire weekend, which is what I was intending to post.

I watched the Sunday action last night and some amazing machinery was thrashed and trashed around Monte Carlo yesterday.

Hmmm, what is the bit of sage wisdom we’ve all heard????? “More $$$$$ than Brains”…. Let’s face it, ALL of these ‘gentlemen’ have copious CA$H to allow them to really play play the sport of Kings, NO, Not POLO(though they likely indulge as well)!! LOL… That being said, surely an unused part of a trust fund, Tech takeover, or best of all, perhaps Marrying a rich debutante will allow them to continue this pursuit, but I digress…. Just thoroughly enjoyed the 70’s F1 series of races, and WOW, great battles, particularly the Jean Alesi Ferrari 312 and Marco Werner Lotus 78 tete a tete, encroyable!! This, and Goodwood are now are on my bucket list!! Thanks for sharing Bill!!

Stay well everyone, looking forward to when we may convene, wear our Hazmat suits, errr I mean Slotcar Nomex and race again! :yahoo:

Yes great to see the old equipment driven again in anger. Accidents are unfortunate but these beasts are far more impressive on track than in a static museum.

My bucket list as well but my bucket is full of covid holes and slowly leaking away it’s contents unfortunately.

stay safe!

Viewing 3 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.