• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Art

Gents,

Updated the Model Galleries and Database – still models yet to add but at present all Pre-War entries which were BOTH presented to the grid AND for which a Model Registration Form was submitted are entered. :good:

Thank you for updating the database. I’m always looking at it for available car numbers, and build references.

Cheers!

Art

Excellent! :good:

Art

Gents,

Thanks to the covid19 break our Scratch32 model database and model albums/galleries are both up to date. Models for which BOTH a Model Information Form was submitted AND which have participated in a Scratch32 event are all listed/shown.

Coming soon: each builder will have their own album of model galleries… and perhaps their own blog… stay tuned…

Art. Thank you very kindly for all the work you do behind the scenes.

You make every car look great! :good:

I’m biased towards your amazing pics of Joakim’s green Chaparral 2D. Not sure why. :whistle:

Anonymous

Some cool looking models in the database/galleries !!………………..on the overly picky side, I do not believe that Dan Gurney ever drove the McLaren M12 customer car run by Chaparral…..it was driven by John Surtees.

Cheers

Chris Walker

Thank you for your kind words Chris. I hope at least one of my cars fits with your compliment.

Being the new guy. I’m probably the worst offender for mixing up livery details. Jo Bonnier never drove a green Chaparral 2D. It was white. All 2D’s were white. Indigo Montoya (my DN1 Shadow driver) is my dog’s name. The database is riddled with deviations. There’s no such thing as a “camel yellow” Matra MS10. But everything other than the Carrera Panamericana and the Targa Florio is covered by a “fantasy livery” rule. I’m sure Jim just made a simple mistake. Either that or he’s referring to “Dan Frederick Gurney”, no relation to “Dan Sexton Gurney” – famous race car driver. :whistle:

That made me wonder why you singled out the M12? Then I stumbled accross your build thread from 2015 of the exact same car on another site last night. That’ll do it every time. You created an awesome car, and build thread! Please post your build of the Surtees M12 if you still have the photos? Jim’s M12 showed up at my shop just this week and we are rebuilding the chassis for the M12. Funny coincidence. :good:

Your Surtees McLaren M12 build would be a really cool thing to see. :yes:

Anonymous

:whistle: That made me wonder why you singled out the M12?

Hello Ken, the only reason I mentioned Jim’s M12 is that it appears to be done (quite well !!) in the Chaparral team colours, as the car ran in the CanAm series in 1969, so it is apparently a good attempt at replicating the actual car, and, this car was never driven by Dan Gurney, only John Surtees.

This was the only year  Jim Hall’s Chaparral team ran anything other than a Chaparral, and they purchased the M12  from McLaren for the 69 season, as the Chaparral 2J was still under development, and not ready for the 69 season. (The McLaren M12 was solely a customer car, and never raced by the McLaren team)

I did not comment on any of the fantasy liveries, as they are just that, and therefore any comments on accuracy are irrelevant. (I have done a ton of fantasy liveries over the years, and therefore obviously have no issues whatsoever with them……………..however, a metallic Lime Green 2D is pushing it !! 🙂

Cheers

Chris Walker

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.