Forums Scratch Built Models Lotus 25

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by ArtArt.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      JMSracerJMSracer

This is a super shells Lotus 25 body married to a simple scratch built brass and piano wire chassis.  The decals applied to this body are from a 1965 Indianapolis Lotus 38.

chas 1

This is a 1.5L car, therefore it is set up with a BWA motor, geared 10P x 23.

chas 2

I wasn’t satisfied with the first paint, so the body was soaked in super clean overnight, scrubbed clean and remanded, then repainted.

First paint

The second attempt.

new 1

The completed project.

comp 1

Ready to be raced

comp 2

comp 3

Thanks for looking

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

Looks good JMSracer! Is that the transmission piece that comes with the shell or did you modify something? :good:

Let's Get Building!

KenKen

Looks fantastic Jim. Nice work! :good:

This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.
      Even though I may be new at this myself. How can I help you build your car?

JMSracerJMSracer

The transmission comes with the body, it is one piece and must be painted silver.  I have attached a photo of the kit.  In this photo I have painted the body yellow and taped the centre line prior to painting the body green.

unpainted lotus kit 1

The photo below highlights the kit as it comes, prior to painting.

kit 1

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

Excellent detail on the kit as provided JMSRacer! Cheers!

Let's Get Building!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.