• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

Gents,

Looking ahead and given feedback to date we’ll be implementing a few updates to our scratch32 rules (v4) for this summer. These will be:

• restricting the 1.5L Grand Prix (15LGP) class motor to the BWMS050 ONLY and removing the VANSKI as an option – since they have not been available for many years now – VANSKI motors are still eligible for other low power motor scratch32 classes (unless specifically excluded);
    • adding a pre-CANAM class covering 1960-1965 USRRC & SCCA models – which will be divided into PC and PC+ subclasses; and
    • adding an open Trans Am class (TA+) (1966 – 1973) which will allow period fantasy liveries and have no motor restriction.

The second update was already tested in our last CANAM Thunder event and the third will be implemented for CANAM Thunder IV…

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies

Well, its been a year now and time to update our written Scratch32 rules to reflect the changes implemented last summer… as noted above. Prior to our next Ringwood I will remind everyone of the first point regarding our 1.5L Grand Prix class… please remember to update your models (if necessary) and submit your up to date on-line model forms when the time comes. We will also check every model prior to the race.

Those of you who are on top of things will note that R32 rules do not yet restrict the 1.5L motor to just the BWMS050… this is something that in future I would like to canvass with all regular R32 participants to gauge whether or not a uniform application across both sets of rules is possible – which would be my preference…

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

A uniform rule seems fair for everyone, novices and newbies alike. New racers have joined and still need to fill these classes.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • The forum ‘R32 Class Criterium’ is closed to new topics and replies.