• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic

Hello fellow racers. Larry has been having some ipad troubles posting pics to start his Opel GT build thread. I offered to get the ball rolling for his first build. He built it for, and raced it at the last Targa Florio. The following are quotes from Larry.

So to start I researched as many angles of the car as I could.

I sanded down the fender well lip so the fender was flatter so my flare would sit flatter at the back to the body when glued.
      I stuck painters tape to the fenders and traced where the door jam was, where the front bumper came around the side and the outline of the fender itself.

Next I glued three pieces of styrene together for each fender.

Stuck the tape to the blank and cut it out. Didn’t cut out the wheel opening yet to keep it stable.
      Sanding and body putty, lastly I cut out the wheel opening to fit the wheels.

And then this happened! Way to go Larry! (Those were Ken’s words)

Please direct your questions and positive comments to Larry for his fine build. :good:

Thank you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Anonymous

Thanks Ken that looks great ??

My pleasure Larry.

What final gear ratio did you end up with?

What motor are you using?

Details, details, details… :good:

Anonymous

The motor is 16k scalextric small can. The gears are 10×28. It has a basic wire chassis with independent front wheels. Two posts centred on the body to help with body roll. It weighs approx. 95g. Photos may follow lol

Nice job Larry!

Anonymous

Thank you

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.