Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      ArtArt
      Super Moderator

Internationale Meisterschaft XVI

Proxy @ The RING

February 22 – 26, 2021

Our second Scratch32 event by proxy this winter is a celebration of motoring history from the last century – from the early inception of the automobile when horse drawn carriages shared laneways with their motorized counterparts up to the pinnacle of unrestricted American speed and muscle – CANAM. In addition to shorter competitions endurance racing became popular featuring both purpose built prototype models competing alongside mass produced (albeit modified) entries. The 16th Internationale Meisterschaft hopes to capture a slice of this automotive history with four separate races – some featuring multiple classes:

• Hot Rod (HR) – featuring the following classes:
        • Street Rods (SR) – (aka Hot Rod) – Any modified or customized car or truck model from 1948 or earlier with or without fenders in paint or in primer;
        • Rat Rods (RR) – Any custom car or truck model with a deliberately worn-down, unfinished appearance, typically lacking paint, showing rust, and made from cheap or cast-off parts;
        • Street Machines (SM) – Any modified or customized car or truck model from 1949 or later with fenders in paint or in primer; and
        • Gassers (GAS) – A vintage drag car that was popularized in the ’50s and ’60s (up to 1968) that ran on gasoline and used a straight axle front suspension which gave the model a very high front end stance. Most gassers also sported Halibrand wheels, no front bumper, and had a front mounted Moon tank. The gasser form was dictated by function and most builders looked to eliminate as much weight as possible. Having their exhaust pipes exit through the front fender to shorten the length of exhaust tubing is another common characteristic of gassers. Builders used 1930s through 1950s production coupes or sedans to create these highly modified racing vehicles, including (but not limited to) the following: 1933 Willys Model 77 Coupe; 1940 Willys; 1941 Willys Americar; 1948 Anglia; 1949 Chevy Fleetline or Styleline; 1951 Henry J; 1955 Ford T-Bird; 1955 Chevy Nomad; 1955 Chevy; 1957 Corvette.
      • Sportscars – featuring the following classes:
        • Sportscar (SP); and
        • Sportscar Plus (SP+).
      • Classic Era Prototype & Sportscar (CP).
      • CANAM (CA).

Anyone can enter – please register as many models as you wish in any or all classes! There is no limit!!!

Please register your eligible models within the proxy event thread starting February 1st, 2021. If you do not have a Scratch32 account please email me at art@darthobbies.com to set one up for you. If your proxy model is not yet in our database please submit the online model registration form.

To be eligible all proxy models must at minimum have a hand built/painted body or a custom made chassis and DArt club tires. Painted white kits are not eligible. Please consult with the current Scratch32 rules for model eligibility – all classes of Hot Rod will follow the Hot Rod class rules with one exception for Gassers – we will remove the wheel restrictions of sub rule HR4 for Gassers so that any wheel is permitted regardless of width. Let’s see what happens…

But for reality there is no ownership of any livery therefore duplicate models are permitted.

There will be NO ENTRY FEE per model. Our title sponsor DArt requested that the entry fee for this event be waived.

DEADLINE is 6pm Thursday February 18, 2021
      Deadline to register and to receive your eligible proxy models is 6pm Thursday, February 18, 2021. Proxy models may be dropped off on the front porch or mailed to The RING. Please email me at art@darthobbies.com with drop off details and/or necessary mailing address info.

Proxy models and house models will compete together on track in each race but official results for both groups will remain separate. Should there be overwhelming proxy participation then house models will be withdrawn.

For this event grid position for every race will be based on model performance during the shakedown laps after braid and tire prep. Each race will take place in three stages: Stage one will have all the entries on the inside lane at 9.5v. Stage two will have all the entries on the middle lane at 10.5v. The final stage will have all the entries on the outside lane at 11v. Any off will result in a track call. It sounds very simple but my objective will be to go as fast as possible without any offs thus favouring more predictable models over those that may be quicker yet less stable in the corners.

Throughout the event every stage for every race will be captured in three ways: by timing and scoring results, photographs and video.

Proxy models are eligible for prizes based on their finishing position relative to other proxy models. Prizes will be distributed as follows:

Internationale Meisterschaft XVI Prize Format

All new models (whether proxy or house) will be eligible for and entered into our Scratch32 database after the event is completed.

When the event concludes each model will be repacked and made available for return to their builder on March 1, 2021. Please make arrangements with me at that time…

Please register your eligible models within this topic by replying below with your model details.

Good Luck!!!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Let's Get Building!
      From Prince - "Life is a party and parties aren't meant to last"...

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

The deadline to register & drop off models for this event is 6pm today – so the house garagista better get the house models entered…

Hot Rod – Street Rod – #30 – Mandarin Monsoon (1930 Ford Model ‘A’ Pickup) Jimmy ‘Two’ Shoo [30HR030-1AT]

Hot Rod – Street Rod – #23 – The Red Baron (1925 Ford Model ‘T’) Red Baron [25HR023-1AT]

Hot Rod – Street Rod – #24 – ’37 Chevrolet Convertible – Jake ‘The Beef’ Trapper [37HR024-1AT]Hot Rod – Gasser – #00 – ’57 Chevrolet – ‘Rogue Runner’ – Jack ‘Horse’ Rimmer [NEW] 

Let's Get Building!

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

Sportscar – (SP) – #10 – Octave John CLAES (Jaguar D Type) [55SP010-1AT]

Sportscar – (SP) – #10 – Alfonso de HOHENLOHE (Porsche 356 Super) [52SP010-1AT]

Sportscar – (SP) – #261 Volkswagen 1200 (Alfonso de Hohenlohe) [54SP261-1AT] 

Sportscar – (SP) – #24 – MAGLIOLI / HERRMANN (Porsche 550A RS Coupé) Retired Lap 136 – engine (piston failure) [NEW] 

Let's Get Building!

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

Sportscar Plus – (SP+) – #132 – Hans HERRMANN (Porsche RS61) [61SP132-1AT]

Sportscar Plus – (SP+) – #2 – Ferrari 750 Monza (El Marques Alfonso de Portago) [54SP002-1AT] 

Sportscar Plus – (SP+) – #58 – Porsche 550 Spyder (Fernando Segura) [54SP058-1AT]

Let's Get Building!

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

Classic Era Prototype & Sportscar – (CP) – #18 – LAINE/LENNEP (1970 Porsche 908/2) [70CP018-1AT] 

Classic Era Prototype & Sportscar – (CP) – #21 – Lorenzo BANDINI (1967 Ferrari 330 P4) [67CP021-1AT]

Classic Era Prototype & Sportscar – (CP) – [70CP020-1AT] 

Let's Get Building!

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

CANAM – (CA) – [69CA066-1AT]

CANAM – (CA) – #59 – Hurley HAYWOOD (1973 Porsche 917/10) [73CA059-1AT]

CANAM – (CA) – #19 – Benedito CHINETTI (1969 Ferrari 612) [69CA019-1AT]

CANAM – (CA) – [69CA011-1AT]

CANAM – (CA) – [69CA043-1AT]

Let's Get Building!

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

Due to the severe winter weather storms both earlier this week and expected this afternoon the deadline to both register & receive proxy entries is extended to Monday, February 22 at 6pm… stay well and drive safely!

Let's Get Building!

KenKen

New entry:

1953 VW Beetle #262 Jan Wyers (SP)

My printer died trying to make the numbers for this car. I hope to have it sorted before drop-off. Thank you kindly for your patience.

Even though I may be new at this myself. How can I help you build your car?

KenKen

1966 Chaparral 2D #9 Joakim Bonnier (Classic Era Prototype & Sportscar)

66CP009-1KM

f1nutzf1nutz

Sorry I posted my entries in the wrong thread.

HR RR T-Bucket Rudolf Crashiola #2

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by f1nutzf1nutz.
      • This reply was modified 2 months ago by f1nutzf1nutz.
      f1nutzf1nutz

Shadow Can Am DN5 Jackie Oliver #102

f1nutzf1nutz

SP Aston Martin DB5 David Brown #6

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

On Sunday Porsche911 delivered his proxy entries for Street Rod (#69) & Classic Era Prototype & Sportscar (#12):

Let's Get Building!

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

Sunday evening F1nutz delivered his proxy entries for Rat Rod (#2), Sportscar (#6) and CANAM (#102):

Let's Get Building!

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

Given the snowfall today which may cause unnecessary additional headache Fritz Stroebl has agreed to extend the deadline to register and receive proxy entries until 6pm Tuesday February 23…

Let's Get Building!

KenKen

Given the snowfall today which may cause unnecessary additional headache Fritz Stroebl has agreed to extend the deadline to register and receive proxy entries until 6pm Tuesday February 23…

Thank you very kindly. I am only half way through shoveling… I’m certain there was a driveway here yesterday. :wacko:

f1nutzf1nutz

That Graham Hill he’s such a photo bomber ;)

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

Monday evening Ken’s transporter arrived with his proxy entries for Sportscar (#262) and Classic Era Prototype & Sportscar (#9):

Let's Get Building!

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

And so the grid is set for the 16th running of the Internationale Meisterschaft by Proxy!

The following house models did not show up before the deadline:

• Sportscar – (SP) – #24 – MAGLIOLI / HERRMANN (Porsche 550A RS Coupé) Retired Lap 136 – engine (piston failure) [NEW]
      • Hot Rod – (GAS) – #00 – ’57 Chevrolet – ‘Rogue Runner’ – Jack ‘Horse’ Rimmer [NEW]

The following 24 proxy & house models are standing by (in order of arrival by class):

• Hot Rod – (SR) – #30 – Mandarin Monsoon (1930 Ford Model ‘A’ Pickup) Jimmy ‘Two’ Shoo [30HR030-1AT] HOUSE
      • Hot Rod – (SR) – #23 – The Red Baron (1925 Ford Model ‘T’) Red Baron [25HR023-1AT] HOUSE
      • Hot Rod – (SR) – #24 – ’37 Chevrolet Convertible – Jake ‘The Beef’ Trapper [37HR024-1AT] HOUSE
      • Hot Rod – (SR) – #69 – ’32 Ford Coupe – Vinnie ‘Da Rat’ Roth [32HR069-1DM] PROXY
      • Hot Rod – (RR) – #2 – ’25 T-Bucket – Rudolf Crashiola [25HR002-1BG] PROXY
      • Sportscar – (SP) – #10 – Octave John CLAES (Jaguar D Type) [55SP010-1AT] HOUSE
      • Sportscar – (SP) – #10 – Alfonso de HOHENLOHE (Porsche 356 Super) [52SP010-1AT] HOUSE
      • Sportscar – (SP) – #261 Volkswagen 1200 (Alfonso de Hohenlohe) [54SP261-1AT] HOUSE
      • Sportscar – (SP) – #6 Aston Martin DB5 – David Brown [NEW] PROXY
      • Sportscar – (SP) – #262 – 1953 VW Beetle – Jan Wyers [NEW] PROXY
      • Sportscar Plus – (SP+) – #132 – Hans HERRMANN (Porsche RS61) [61SP132-1AT] HOUSE
      • Sportscar Plus – (SP+) – #2 – Ferrari 750 Monza (El Marques Alfonso de Portago) [54SP002-1AT] HOUSE
      • Sportscar Plus – (SP+) – #58 – Porsche 550 Spyder (Fernando Segura) [54SP058-1AT] HOUSE
      • Classic Era Prototype & Sportscar – (CP) – #18 – LAINE/LENNEP (1970 Porsche 908/2) [70CP018-1AT] HOUSE
      • Classic Era Prototype & Sportscar – (CP) – #21 – Lorenzo BANDINI (1967 Ferrari 330 P4) [67CP021-1AT] HOUSE
      • Classic Era Prototype & Sportscar – (CP) – #20 – Vic ELFORD (1970 Porsche 908/3) [70CP020-1AT] HOUSE
      • Classic Era Prototype & Sportscar – (CP) – #12 – Jo SIFFERT (1970 Porsche 908/3) [70CP012-1AT] PROXY
      • Classic Era Prototype & Sportscar – (CP) – #9 – ’66 Chaparral 2D – Joakim Bonnier [66CP009-1KM] PROXY
      • CANAM – (CA) – #66 – ’69 Chaparral 2J (Jackie STEWART) [69CA066-1AT] HOUSE
      • CANAM – (CA) – #59 – Hurley HAYWOOD (1973 Porsche 917/10) [73CA059-1AT] HOUSE
      • CANAM – (CA) – #19 – Benedito CHINETTI (1969 Ferrari 612) [69CA019-1AT] HOUSE
      • CANAM – (CA) – #11 – MOTSCHENBACHER Lothar (1969 McLaren M12) [69CA011-1AT] HOUSE
      • CANAM – (CA) – #43 – Tony ADAMOWICZ (1969 Ferrari 612) [69CA043-1AT] HOUSE
      • CANAM – (CA) – #102 – Shadow DN5 – Jackie Oliver [NEW] PROXY

Good Luck to each of our entries!

Now sending you to the event report for continuing daily coverage… …stay tuned…

Let's Get Building!

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.