• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I’m looking at car kits in a different way now that I’m considering converting these into slot-cars. I will try and avoid the really narrow or heavy ones from now on. Not sure wich one of these will eventually make the grade and move up to the build table. You can’t make everything. Can you? :wacko:

1965 Barracuda – lightweight resin body = 14g. Track width: Rear = 52mm. Front = 50mm.

1968 GTO – body weight 21g. Track width: R = 56mm. F = 55mm

1961 E-type Jaguar – body weight = 9g. Track width: R = 46mm. F = 47mm

1963 Studebaker Avanti – body weight = 12g. Track width: R = 49mm. F = 48mm.

Ken

I built the AirFix Jag with a PCS chassis and BWA motor it worked okay. You could make a cool early Trans Am car with the Barracuda, easy livery most of those cars were one colour with numbers stuck on for the race. If you check the Cougar T/A three part video’s on YouTube they show a few different Cuda’s in the race footage.

Joe

Joe. Thank you very kindly for the idea. It would make a nice classic TA car for sure. I will check your suggestions for paint and livery.

Got any pics of your Jaguar?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.