• This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

Group-25 has extented an invitation to the S32/R32 slot car club to join them for an afternoon of model and slot car building show & tell. We can share our skills with each other about building, painting, detailing, etc… These are the guys hosting the Slot Car and Model show in March.

Please bring some of your cool stuff to show.

There will be a track or two set up for some beater cars that can afford to break. Don’t expect to run your nice cars there. The track is merely for newbie entertainment and to get people interested in slot cars. That’s our goal too.

Just as an example. DB can show off his green Ford Tudor he just brought to the Carrera Panamericana. The wiper blade marks on the windshield and general weathering are cool and inspirational.

We can learn from these guys too. Some of the Group-25 members are master-builders. Check out some of the pics on their site from previous meetings.

https://www.group25.org/meetings.htm

The date – Feb 9th.  The time – 3pm until 7pm.  Location – Armour Heights Community Center on the southwest corner of Avenue road and Wilson avenue. Take Avenue Road exit and head south of the 401 to the first light.

Here is a photo of the cool stuff various members gave to me for free to make into slot cars. Nice bunch of people.

The file and brush are Christmas gifts from Cindy and Marty at Toys4Everyone. Everyone in the club got them.

I hope a few can join us for a day of fun.

Thank you. Ken

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies

Ken, that sounds like a worthwhile afternoon.   I will put a place holder on the date and we can talk later.   My Tudor is in the garage for repairs – the wild rollover blew the front and rear windows – so trying to fit the back window in without removing the interior.   Plus the rear body mounts came loose.  So some work to do on it.

Art, if you find the Tudor  front window on your track – let me know  :unsure:  Thanks

DB. Thank you for accepting the invitation (emergencies excepted). I look forward to a day of fun. If I can help you with your Tudor in any way, please let me know?

Ah yes. The famous “Rollo” that the Carrera Panamericana was known for. I did a few “Rollo’s” myself. It adds realism to the paint.

Ken

I will mark that date on our group calendar…

DB – I took a quick look around for that windscreen but it did not turn up. I’ll go over the track this weekend to see if I can find it. It is a fairly big piece. Ken is picking up his Lotus 30 body kit today so I’ll enlist his eyes too….

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

DB,

Art and I searched the track and surrounding floor for the windshield and came up empty handed. But it’s a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack. The track has a lot of detailed forest to search though. It may turn up yet. Never lose hope.

On the bright side, Art found several items from his other cars while looking for your windshield.

Ken

We found a mirror from Felix’s 312PB & a 2-56 stainless steel countersunk screw from who knows? Those items will sit in the ditch with other bits & pieces near the Esso billboard until claimed…

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Thanks Art and Ken.  I will make a new one.  :good:

Dave,

Art saw something out of the corner of his eye on the floor and under the track near the drivers stations. Your windshield has been recovered. It may have been knocked loose in the accident, but probably only fell out of the car when you it picked up.

I will bring it with me to the meeting tomorrow.

Ken

That is great – thanks Art and Ken – appreciate Art’s sharp eyes.  Just sent you an email confirming I would be coming to G25 tomorrow before I checked here.

Dave

Thank you to Dave and Steve for coming out to the meeting yesterday.

Steve updated his status to a full member. Congrats! It can only add to your model building skills.

Here are a few pics from the meeting.

http://www.group25.org/2019/2019_02_meeting_pics.html

Some Group-25 members are showing interested in R32/S32. Let’s mix it up folks. It can only add to our fun factor!  :good:

Ken

Interesting to see all the different builds by folks and the Lego Aston Martin build was truly awesome.

Dave,

It was nice to see you show off your stuff too! Slot car guys generally don’t have “show & tell” build meetings. Maybe we should?

Or we can form a slot car section within Group-25. They will welcome it. Half of the guys in Group-25 are slot car people at heart. We just need to join in and light the fire. Some Group-25 members may trickle over to this side of the S32 fence (The Dark side!). Several members are asking me a lot of slot car questions. We are of one mind and spirit in building cars. I’m certain they would like to see some of their builds in motion. It’s all good.

Ken

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.