Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Ferrari 612 CANAM

A few shots of the first completed DArt Ferrari 612 CANAM model. This model uses only the stock parts included with the DArt body kit – mirror, rollbar, driver’s head and inkjet decals. Tamiya Synthetic Lacquer was used over Tamiya Fine Primer. The paint was polished but there is no clear coat on this one. Wax was the preferred final finish. The shell is mounted to the chassis using two centrally located posts, one immediately behind the front axle, the other infront of the motor. DArt urethane washers placed between the posts and the chassis dampen movement of the shell.

The chassis was one of my first scratch built sidewinder configurations. This is a simple chassis – nothing fancy – but it is perfectly balanced. As you can see it is not polished or clear coated and so shows its age (although well I think). The centre brass section was added when the chassis was tuned for racing. If memory serves well the motor is a Fox 10 soldered directly to the chassis with 11 x 36T Slot.It pinion and spur gear. Aftermarket hard drill blank axles through brass tube at the front and oilite bushings at the rear attach BWA 15″ .380 sized alloy wheels with DArt small inserts (included with the kit) and DArt urethane tires (SI0201) front and back. A vintage nylon guide was chosen for this project.

This chassis/shell combination proves that you need not do anything fancy to make a rocket. The front wheels could yet be converted to independent spinners to further enhance cornering speeds – but why bother when it is at the sharp end already? Setting sail to another country hopefully this model will offer as much enjoyment for its new host/collector as it did for me. 😥

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

It could have had a ‘good home’ just down the 401….

Anonymous

These 2 turned our quite nice too  :yahoo:

Beautiful renderings! Perhaps sometime you’ll take them for a spin at Spa!

Drew

Looking good Marius! :yahoo:

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.