Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Thought I would share some of the cars I have been working on, some of which were started about a year ago.

At the back, Ford Tudor (Linberg kit), Ken chassis, RSSlot wheels, DArt inserts.  Austin Healy (Aurora kit, 3-peice body), RSSlots wheels, DArt inserts, Penelope Pitlane chassis with added side pans, lady driver who seems to be fixing her hair.  Jaguar D type (Triang-Scalextric), this was rescured from the dead, windscreen, driver and headlights all original, chassis is a plastic monogram, runs incredible well but still needs side exhaust pipes. Porsche 908 (Airfix, Brant Snow car), refreshed and repainted, new DArt windscreen, new exhaust pipes.  Indy 500 Kutis, featured before on separate post but now with DArt rear pre-war tires.

Beautiful line up Dave. Excellent work! :good:

I can almost detect the “new car smell” from here.

I think you’re officially the first front motor car that’s complete with driver. Nicely done.

Thanks Ken.  The Porsche is an 804 not what I posted by way of correction. Got a few more on the assembly line given all this free time. 🙂

Very well executed, they all look great! And though I’m partial to Porsche’s…I love the ‘Shaguar’, and the ‘Bird’ in her Healy.

Stay well!

Hi Dave. This thread has created a curious buzz among a few club members. Art and I were talking and we were hoping that you could split this up into another 4-threads to expose a few extra photos of each car? They all sparkle and deserve their own thread. Everyone is bored and hungry to see what others are building. Please open up the DB garage! :good:

Hi Dave

What was done to strengthen the 3 piece body on the Austin kit for slot car duty? I have a Revell Highway Pioneers Ferrari that is the same 3 piece style but I’m afraid it won”t hold up if I build it.

Nice group of cars by the way.

Joe

Hi Joe, it was a simple fix. I built the chassis normally but it was very light and wobbled as there are only two chassis posts.  I used K&S 5/32  90 degree angle bracket #172 and two 9mm strips of brass (which I had to cut down a bit per photo).  Drilled 2-3 holes in one side of each angle bracket to provide extra grip for the solder.  Soldered the angle brackets to each side of the chassis then added the brass strips.  I used a ceramic jewellers block to lock the pieces in place for soldering.  I  added maybe too much solder but wanted to make sure it wouldn’t drop off in a race, hahaha been known to happen. I will start a separate thread as requested and take pictures of the chassis.  The difference in chassis rigidity is amazing.

Nice work DB – lot’s of classes covered here… and a bird pilot too! :good:

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 7 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.