Forums DArt Qs/FAQs DArt Urethane Tire List – May 9, 2020

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      ArtArt
      Super Moderator

DArt_Tire_List_20_05_09

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Let's Get Building!

KenKen

Very extensive. Cool updates. Thank you very kindly Art.

This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.
      Even though I may be new at this myself. How can I help you build your car?

JoeJoe

Art

Is your site  up for placing tire orders, I need  4 pair of the RM0201. Also do you have something that will fit the stock rim on the Scaley Porsche RS Spider  the rib is wider than the modern Scaley GT cars that take the SC0401? Let me know thank you.

Joe

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

Hi Joe, yes I’m taking orders. I have a tire that will fit just about any wheel so let me know the rib and wheel dimensions and I can fit something… email me and let me know if you want to spin by one day or if you would like them mailed to you instead…

Let's Get Building!

KenKen

The D’Art tire list includes a large variety for direct manufacturer replacement tires.

S32 and R32 cars are usually built using wheels that are commonly available. Tires are chosen for the best fit, width, and diameter. Here are some wheels and tires that fit well, and are used quite frequently together.

The tires below are mounted on RS Slots 14×5 wheels with some examples of how they can be used.

SC0120 = Hot Rod rear tire – approx 22.9 mm dia. before truing

SC0118 = Hot Rod front tire – approx 22.3 mm dia. before truing

D7 = Sports Car front or rear – approx 21.63 mm dia. before truing

The photo below is only for diameter comparison of the SC0118 and SC0120 to the new D7.5. The new D7.5 measures approx 25.62 diameter before truing. It is designed for anything that requires a very large diameter rear tire such as 50’s and 60’s Indi-500 cars. It can also be cut down to fit anything in between the smallest and largest tire. Unlike the SC0118 and 0120, the D7.5 requires an RS Slot 7mm wide wheel.

Below are D’Art D11’s. They fit Slot.It 15.8 x 8.2, or 14 x 9 RS Slot wheels. On the right are D11 Orange Dots for specific class racing. They measure approx 22.14 mm before truing. D11’s are commonly used on many Slot.It cars.

Then there are the ultra-wide NC0101 tires on Slot.It 15.8×10. These are really nice on the back of a Ferrari 512S, Porsche 917, or Lola T70 Mk3. Or the VW Bug of your choice (if you can make them fit). They measure approx 22.53 mm diameter before truing.

Everything listed is a general suggestion. Each car needs to be examined on an individual basis before choosing the best wheels and tires. Keep in mind that all tires can and will lose several mm diameter upon truing. Thanks for looking, and happy building!

This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.

KenKen

I forgot to mention D8’s and D9’s as alternate tire choices for the front of a Porsche 917, or rear of a Porsche 911 (just suggestions). They both fit an RS Slots 14 x 7 wheel. The D9’s measure approx 21.80 mm dia before truing.

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

Ken, thanks for taking the time to help identify which tires fit some of the more popular wheel sizes. Thank you too for your diameter info… very helpful!

Let's Get Building!

KenKen

My Pleasure Art. It took some time to figure this out. Hopefully this helps others get started on the fast-track to building and racing.

I borrowed some 14×7 wheels from JonnyRocket to get a D8 tire in the photo. Thanks JonnyRocket :good:   That shows all the “D” series tires together.

Starting from the top, left.

D7,  D8,  D9,  D11,  SC0101

SC0118,  SC0120,  D7.5

D8ww,  D11ww

Side profile in the same order.

KenKen

A typical example of four D7’s on 14×5 wheels. 1962 MGB.

An example of D7’s on 14×5 for the front to fit inside the narrow bubble inside the top of the fender. D11’s on 14×9 for the rear. Why only D11’s? Because SC0101’s were a bit too wide. :whistle:   1966 Chaparral 2D.

D11’s on Slot.It 15.8 x 8.2 wheels on the front. Sc0101 on Slot.It 15.8 x 10 wheels on the back. 1974 McLaren M20, and a 1965 AC Cobra with the same equipment.

SC0118f on the front. SC0120 on the back. Four 14 x 5 RS Slots wheels. 1932 Ford Roadster.

D7’s with 14×5 on the front. D9’s with 14×7 on the rear. 1953 Porsche 550 Spyder.

Thank you very kindly for looking.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by KenKen.

racer68racer68

Great work Ken

That’s a whole lot of useful information, especially with the accompanying photos. You’ve helped take a lot of the error out of trial and error.

Cheers

Steve

KenKen

Thank you very kindly Steve. It’s rare to have all the tires in one place at one time (with wheels). So I took advantage of the opportunity. I also remember how hard it was to get started. It was a bit confusing.

This is a typical 70’s GP car showing 2-options for the rear tires. Both sets of tires have been trued.

Rear wheels are part number PCS-321413 “Classic Scalextric F1 Rear” from Pendle Slot Racing in the UK.

https://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/pcs-scalextric-replica-f1-saloon-large-alloy-wheels-x2.html

Front wheels are part number RSW006 (13 x 7) from RS Slot Racing in the UK.

http://www.rsslotracing.com/parts.htm

The rear tires on the left are SC0106 (21.55 mm finished O.D.). The rear tires on the right are FL0101 (20.15 mm finished O.D.)

Both sets of front tires are RM0202 that have been heavily trued down to size.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.