Forums New Releases DArt McLaren M5A Body Kit

• This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago by ArtArt.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ArtArt
      Super Moderator

DArt McLaren M5A

Body Kit

Final touches are being put to this new body kit on offer from DArt – the first grand prix racer built by the legendary Bruce McLaren which raced in 1967 and 1968 by three different pilots – Bruce, Denny & Jo (Bonnier) – and it raced in three different colour schemes too – red, yellow & McLaren orange. This model captures all of the original significant BRM engine details in separate pieces – all courtesy of F1nutz. Thank you to F1nutz for his master craftsmanship!

For a little background on the original components visit the build thread by F1nutz.

Because I am using aggressive molds only a limited number of these craftsman kits will be produced – I am hoping to make a dozen in total although the actual number may vary slightly. The first 3 are spoken for.

• This topic was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by ArtArt.
      • This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by ArtArt.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Let's Get Building!

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

Wow! It took a while but I’m finally pouring these today… several upgrades from November: body and engine/transmission sections are separate pieces now, a new molded windscreen in addition to the flat clear plastic template, new dashboard with relief gauges, new steering wheel, new pilot head, new pilot shoulders and arms, new fine mirrors…

Gods willing I may have an extra kit or two with me tomorrow for anyone interested… as with my Lotus 30 and Chaparral 2J kits there are too many pieces to list here… I think this might be my best kit yet…

$65 unless you pre-ordered (what a deal you got!!!)…

$6 full pilot add on…

$40 wheel/tire add on – set of matching and polished 13″ wheels & DArt urethane tires…

See y’all tomorrow!

Let's Get Building!

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

F1nutz, thank you for all of your hard work on this project! Yours is first off the line and will be set aside till I see you next… Cheers!

Let's Get Building!

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

Here are a few photos to help on the placement of the rear engine/transmission detail provided in this kit:

The original M5A but with the extra radiator removed:

The Jo Bonnier car:

And the modern restored M5A with some modern components – note the newer 3 point roll bar:

Hope this helps… Cheers! :good:

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by ArtArt.
      • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by ArtArt. Reason: Removed Pictures of Other Models

Let's Get Building!

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

The DArt McLaren BRM M5A Body Kit contents – 33 pieces including alternate roll bar & pilot head – plus additional windscreen template. $65

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Let's Get Building!

ArtArt
        Super Moderator

Let's Get Building!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.