Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      ArtArt
      Super Moderator

‘Be a Swinger in a Stinger’

DArt 1965 Corvair Corsa / 1966 Yenko Stinger PRE-ORDER

Due to demand this Pre-Order for the DArt 1965 GM Corvair Corsa is based on the Aurora release but modified for slot cars. With some of the parts included it can also be converted into a 1966 Yenko Stinger or as it was otherwise known – the ‘American Porsche’. Race modified Corvairs competed in a number of SCCA sanctioned and endurance events in the mid to late ’60’s – and so it was a perfect time to ‘Be a Swinger in a Stinger.’

This DArt body kit will include many upgraded and modified parts PLUS a set of 4 DArt 13″ aluminium wheels & urethane club tires for $85 (cdn) if pre-ordered on or before October 15, 2020. After October 15 the pre-order amount is $90 (cdn).

When added to the DArt eSHOP the body kit will retail for $70 (cdn) and the wheel & tire add on will not be offered. I plan to make 10 kits and so I’ve capped pre-orders at 10. The target date for release is late November but I cannot guarantee this – I can only guarantee quality. All pre-orders will include the wheel & tire package without exception.

In addition to a lightweight one piece shell the body kit will include:

• clear plastic headlamps and clear red tail lamps;
      • clear plastic windscreen and rear window;
      • interior tray with details such as dashboard, steering wheel, seats, roll bar and pilot detail which can readily accommodate any chassis configuration;
      • bumpers, mirrors, wipers and other accessories;
      • tail pipes;
      • two sets of inserts – the original street version hubcaps (450-Medium) included with the original Aurora kit AND a set of race wheels (375-Small) for a Yenko model; and
      • body post styrene and mounting hardware.

The DArt business model has changed and with the launch of the new DArt eSHOP I am tracking every transaction online to help keep inventory, orders and fulfillment organized, simple and quick. For this reason all orders, pre-orders and all transactions for DArt products can only be made online.

You can pre-order one of the 10 BK65CRVR body kits (all pre-ordered body kits will include a set of wheels and tires) by following the link below. When checking out you can choose whether to have the kit mailed to you or whether you would rather pick it up in person to save postage. Postage for shipping will be added to your pre-order at checkout should you choose that option. DArt welcomes worldwide orders and pre-orders.

To order follow this link:

Pre-Order BK65CRVR with ADD ON package

This product will not appear in the eSHOP until it is released and only then if there are still kits available. In the meantime should you have any questions feel free to email or post below – Happy Building!

Let's Get Building! In the meantime stay positive and test negative...

KenKen

Art. Thank you very kindly for accepting this project.

I look forward to being a member of the only club with a flock of Yenko Corvairs. :yahoo:

What do you mean think outside the box? Where did you even get a box? Where's my box?
      Even though I may be new at this myself. How can I help you build your car?

Porsche911Porsche911

I would like to add 1 to the fleet of unbuilt kits I have…..ANd a suggestion, as like the 1:1 car, when built for slot racing, chassis should be ‘rear engine’ configuration, that would be interesting!

MiAMiA

As indicated earlier I’m in for one. Not sure whether mine will be a hardtop though, certainly not a Stinger?? Memories are a funny thing. B-)

Will it be wide enough for a transverse flat six? Couldn’t get any more authentic than that!! :scratch:

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

Cheers Gents!

Please follow the link provided (above) to reserve yours since all orders and pre-orders are now being processed exclusively online through my eSHOP… it makes things so much easier for me to keep track of… Thank you for your loyalty and support! Cheers!

KenKen

Porsche911. An aluminum chassis is being measured and made specifically for this car. You’ll be racing a Corsa in no time.

Some cars look good in any colour…

What do you mean think outside the box? Where did you even get a box? Where's my box?

MiAMiA

For those dinosaurs among us who don’t have Gpay is there another option? :scratch:

ArtArt
        Super Moderator

Hi MiA,

Just go to the sSHOP directly and visit the 1:32 Body Kits section and select the Corvair and check out normally.  Thanks!

Porsche911Porsche911

Guess I’m in the Tar pits as well…OK, I didn’t see a direct link on site to ‘E-shop’, used the link Art included above, however, I cannot seem to exclude CDA post as delivery, the payment by Credit card is ‘greyed out’, and I would prefer to pay CA$H if that is an option. Please put me down for 1 Kit(Add on package) and I guess we can figure out logistics?

Thanks!

Porsche911Porsche911

OK, got the CC to load(Don’t know what issue was but exited, came back in) BUT, I cannot ‘Edit’ delivery method, exclude CDA post, opt for pickup?

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

Hi Porsche911, I’ve made the pre-order visible in the eSHOP so just visit the eSHOP and go to the 1:32 Body Kit section and check out normally – Or click on the link in my first post and you’ll go straight to the body kit section (I’ve updated it) – then when you add it to your cart you’ll get the option to pick up or ship… please try it again – BTW, thank you for the feedback – it helps sort out the bugs… :good:

Porsche911Porsche911

Done, glad it wasn’t the all too often “User error”… :yahoo:

ArtArt
        Super Moderator

Excellent! Glad the eSHOP checkout showed the pickup option… Cheers!

Hi Art, I am assuming the glass bits are your typically wonderful looking clear resin ??…….if so, I will be happy to pre-order.

Cheers

Chris Walker

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by AvatarChris Walker.
        ArtArt
        Super Moderator

Yes – the glass bits will be the same clear plastic/resin I always use. Thank you for your order Chris! Cheers!

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

I thank everyone for their support. Those of you who have pre-ordered this model online I hold dearly close. Thank you. I will never forget.

KenKen

Here’s a good photo of a Yenko Stinger with Minilite wheels. Beautiful two-tone paint. Note that it has no bumpers?

Here is one with a more understated livery/steel wheels,……..to my eye, this better suits the car/time period.

Cheers

Chris Walker

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by AvatarChris Walker.
      KenKen

Chris. I totally agree that the car is cool enough on it’s own that it even makes steel wheels look good. :good:

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.