• Creator
    Topic

Some time was found to run trials for the new Scratch32 Golden Era Pre-War models – and so the Coppa D’oro was born.

After nearly a century it is never too late…

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Wonderful to see them on track together!! What a great looking field. :yahoo:

So many Blower Bentley’s!! And an Alfa :heart: !! Well done gents.

A small (1750) companion for that 8C2300 Alfa is in the works. Hopefully done for the inaugural race meeting!!??

From the 1930 Mille Miglia.

Thanks Art!

I pulled the trigger on an Alfa 8C 2300 – there are a few notable LeMans models that ran in ’33 so I was thinking of doing the Chiron light blue model… but will gladly defer…

Another Alfa!! :yahoo:

There were a multitude of liveries for that car ranging from both Alfa reds, French blues and a plethora of privateer liveries. It was the basis for some of the most beautiful auto’s ever produced! IMHO.  And the noise from that blown straight eight ……

The 1750 was a much smaller car and perhaps the car that began the Alfa legend. The one I’m doing is the original Alfa red, which is really more of a maroon, #84 winner of the 1930 Mille Miglia, driven by Tazio Nuvolari & Giambattista Guidotti. B-)

Excellent workmanship gentlemen.  Wonderful.

Anonymous

Great photo’s……   Why only the three on track ?

Also, “you got a crush on the Bugatti” ????  LOL

The green #9 (?) Bentley look’s cracking and well worth a few more pic’s. (please). Also the one at the end, not seen a photo of that properly, either.

There are more photos of the Ford and #8 Bentley elsewhere… but so far we’ve only got those three scratch built models ‘race ready’. The others are untouched vintage Scalextric models brought for comparison and discussion (as well as pictures).

Viewing 5 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.