This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by f1nutz f1nutz 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Art
    Art

A reminder for the class rules:

PGP & PGP+ – Pre World War II Grand Prix (1900-1939)

PGP1. Eligible Models: Any model that competed in a state or club sanctioned road, rally or endurance race or Grand Prix anywhere in the world before 1939. Later models with low streamlined bodies will comprise the PGP+ sub-class with no minimum clearance;

PGP2. BWMS050 ‘low power’ motor in an inline configuration;

PGP3. Wheels – must not exceed 16.5mm in diameter x 5.5mm in width. Inserts or wheel detail must be period correct and resemble original car;

PGP4. Maximum Overall Tire Diameter – Front and rear tires must not exceed 23mm in diameter. Rear tires must be DArt club urethane tires;

PGP5. Minimum Clearance:

• PGP But for the guide/guide sleeve/tube, wheels/tires & crown gear no part of the chassis, chassis components or body may be less than 5mm above the surface of the track; or
    • PGP+ There is no minimum clearance requirement but for G19 (see the Scratch32 rules & guidelines)

PGP6. Maximum Width/Track – The width of front and rear rolling assemblies may not exceed

• PGP 54mm; or
    • PGP+ 50.8mm;

in width excluding fenders, inserts, nuts or knock offs which may extend beyond – within reason.

Please make sure to register all of your eligible entries within this thread and if your model is not yet in our database please submit an online model registration form if you have not already. Details, links and photographs are strongly encouraged.

Door prizes will be announced closer to the Coppa – stay tuned!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Let's Get Building!

Art
    Art

Rumour is spreading that the new and improved scaley ‘repop’ DArt Auto Union Type ‘C’ will debut. Spies saw the first pulls today and even a guest visitor they call ‘Luis’ was seen holding a silver briefcase leaving the salt mine… Weighing in at 10.8g this body will be competitive… can’t wait!!! Briefcase not included.

Let's Get Building!

Ken
    Ken

Art. Congrats on the new release!

Congrats to Luis for getting the first one!

Faster than a speeding bullet... more powerful than a locomotive... able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. Yes, these are some of Chuck Norris's warm-up exercises!
    Chuck Norris doesn't churn butter. He roundhouse kicks the cows and butter comes straight out!

racer68
    racer68

Hi Art

I’m sorry I won’t be ready for Mondays race but still hopeful for a future Coppa.

I would like to start the registration process for my Maserati 8ctf. The car was absolutely crushed by the German Juggernaut in Grand Prix racing but starting in 1939 went on to be one of the  the winningest cars in Indy 500 history.  I love the challenges of researching and building so I’m going to start with this very rough resin body:

Maserati 8ctf

Won’t ever be beautiful but should be a great skill building exercise.

Cheers

Steve

MiA
      MiA

And there you’ve got the beginnings of a spectacular race car!! :yahoo:

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by MiA MiA.
    Art
    Art

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with that resin body Racer68 – looks like quite a challenge to work with. We’ll see you at the next one then! Thanks for sharing!

:good:

Let's Get Building!

f1nutz
    f1nutz

I’ll be there with the trusty old Bugatti #22 of Rene Dreyfus

Art
    Art

Your trusty #22 is what started this series for us all. Thanks F1nutz! :yahoo:

Let's Get Building!

Art
    Art

Via pigeon carrier from Luis:

PGP+ – AutoUnion Type C [DArt body kit] race number and pilot are in the process of being finalized… and will be provided here prior to the event.

Let's Get Building!

Art
    Art

From the DArt garagista:

PGP:

[35PW032-1AT] #32 – 1935 Ford V8 Special – I. Correa

Let's Get Building!

Art
    Art

From the DArt garagista:

PGP:

[29PW034-1AT] #34 – 1929 Mercedes Benz SSK – R. Caracciola 

Let's Get Building!

Art
    Art

From the DArt garagista:

PGP:

[33PW006-1AT] #6 – 1933 Alfa Romeo 8c 2300 – L. Chiron 

Let's Get Building!

MiA
    MiA

Entries from the MIA works:

Alfa Romeo 1750 :heart:

Blower Bentley B-)

Bugatti Type 59 :good:

JMSracer
    JMSracer

Sorry guys, I can’t make it out this time.

Enjoy!

Jimbo

See you tonight with my bently #9, alfa romeo#7, mg#4, hispano suza#21,vauxhall#11, bugatti#2  I would like to purchase your new auto-union kit Thanks Jim

MiA
    MiA

Thanks for hosting another wonderful evening of Vintage racing. :good:

Spectacular looking grids! B-)

The new Auto Union will certainly create some great new opportunities. Beautiful job on yours Luis!

This has quickly become one of the best events on the calendar!!

f1nutz
    f1nutz

I dunno the wheel fell off !?!?

Oh well still had a great night!

Thanks for hosting.

Bill

Art
    Art

Wheel & transmission failures along with a broken suspension made for an exciting but unusual race… slow cars were fast and fast cars were slow… finally shaking up the results in the PGP class – no entries took to the grid for PGP+ a DArt resin crown gear not only finished another race but raced all the way to top spot… in a Ford – WTF? …Luis’ new Auto Union Type C wasn’t quite ready when the cars were called to the grid… and no pilots were injured or killed…

I’ve edited the photographs and will post the results in a day or two… stay tuned… :yahoo:

Let's Get Building!

Art
    Art

Crews are still searching the forests for the wheel… will keep you posted…

Let's Get Building!

Art
      Art

This afternoon crews discovered the missing wheel (with tire still inflated) near the abandoned forge.

Let's Get Building!

f1nutz
    f1nutz

Great thanks!

I get it next time I’m out.

Cheers!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.