This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Art Art 3 months ago.

• Author
    Art
    Art

A reminder for the class rules:

PGP & PGP+ – Pre World War II Grand Prix (1900-1939)

PGP1. Eligible Models: Any model that competed in a state or club sanctioned road, rally or endurance race or Grand Prix anywhere in the world before 1939. Later models with low streamlined bodies will comprise the PGP+ sub-class with no minimum clearance;

PGP2. BWMS050 ‘low power’ motor in an inline configuration;

PGP3. Wheels – must not exceed 16.5mm in diameter x 5.5mm in width. Inserts or wheel detail must be period correct and resemble original car;

PGP4. Maximum Overall Tire Diameter – Front and rear tires must not exceed 23mm in diameter. Rear tires must be DArt club urethane tires;

PGP5. Minimum Clearance:

• PGP But for the guide/guide sleeve/tube, wheels/tires & crown gear no part of the chassis, chassis components or body may be less than 5mm above the surface of the track; or
    • PGP+ There is no minimum clearance requirement but for G19 (see the Scratch32 rules & guidelines);

PGP6. Maximum Width/Track – The width of front and rear rolling assemblies may not exceed

• PGP 54mm; or
    • PGP+ 50.8mm;

in width excluding fenders, inserts, nuts or knock offs which may extend beyond – within reason.

Please make sure to register all of your eligible entries within this thread and if your model is not yet in our database please submit an online model registration form. Details, links and photographs are strongly encouraged.

Door prizes will be announced closer to the Coppa – stay tuned!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Let's Get Building!

MiA
    MiA

Entries from the MIA works:

Alfa Romeo 1750

Blower Bentley

Bugatti Type 59

Art
    Art

From the DArtistas a historically successful PGP entry:

[33PW006-1AT] 

Let's Get Building!

Art
    Art

Well founded rumors persist that a truly original DArtista Auto Union Type A (PGP Plus class model) is in the works – and time permitting may appear – fingers crossed…

Let's Get Building!

MiA
      MiA

One of these?? :yahoo:

This is the A type as it sits in the museum.

Slightly different, especially in the covered front suspension, this is the 1st car as it appeared initially. Although it doesn’t show too well in this picture the original had a fairly long tapered tail that was bobbed off and smoothed by the time the the car arrived for racing in 1934 .

Can’t wait to see it!! :rose:

MiA
      MiA

Not a picture, but a link to a good set of illustrations that shows differences between various versions of all the Auto Unions. B-)

http://www.kolumbus.fi/leif.snellman/c3.htm

JMSracer
      JMSracer

Hi MIA

I had attached this same link a few months ago along with my Auto Union registration and summary of the driver history.  This is a great link and very informative and comprehensive specifications on all Auto Union Models A, B, C and D…

JMSracer
    JMSracer

Looks good Art and MIA.  Hope both Auto Unions make it out.

JMS will be bringing the fleet, which includes three previous raced cars (Aston Martin Ulster, Auto Union Type C and Mercedes W125) and three new cars (Bentley Blower 4.5L, Bugatti 35B and Bugatti T/59…. all shown in the photo below.  I believe the online entry form for the new cars was submitted some time ago.  If not, would the race director kindly let me know and I will resubmit.

JMS PGP entries – Only the Aston has raced previously and is in database.

coppa 1

JMS PGP + entries

coppa 2

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by JMSracer JMSracer.
    Art
    Art

Posted somewhere but the pigeon still made it home…

Jimbo says:
    April 5, 2019 at 9:57 pm
    will be there racing my bently.bugatti,mg,alfa,and hispano suza Thanks Jim

Let's Get Building!

f1nutz
    f1nutz

I’m in with my Dreyfus Bugatti #22.

see you tonight

Bill

Art
    Art

Unfortunately no Auto Union yet… but the following entries from the DArtista garage will return:

[35PW032-1AT] Irineu Correa in his Ford V8 Special; and

[29PW034-1AT] Rudolf Caracciola in his Mercedes Benz SSK.

Let's Get Building!

MiA
    MiA

What spectacular looking grids!! :yahoo:
    Thanks for hosting another wonderful evening. :rose:
    How did you simulate the fragrant aroma of hot castor oil?? :unsure:
    Adds an incredible sense of realism to the evening! B-)

Art
    Art

A PM controller was forgotten – I never received the minimum on eBay for it so it will be here for the owner to claim if they can successfully identify the colours of the handle and each of the three controller wires… Cheers!

Let's Get Building!

JMSracer
      JMSracer

Hi Art

As per my email, the controller that was left behind is mine.  Just hold onto it, I’ll need it next week for the Targa.

Thanks

Art
    Art

No worries – it is here waiting for you… Cheers! :good:

Let's Get Building!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.