Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

I wanted to build this car for the unlimited Trans Am class for unfortunately the Charger never raced on Trans Am anyway I could not resist building it.

Luis. It looks amazing, brother!

About as slammed as it can be. :yahoo:

Cool looking slammed Charger!

:good: With the larger wheels and low profile tires it looks like a sweet resto-mod ride! Nice work on tackling a brass plate chassis with pod!

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Thank You guys, I used a .064 brass sheet so it is heavy 142 grams, so I put a NSR 30k rpm motor and a 10/29 pinion/gear set up

I tend to lose brakes beyond 120-grams. Probably stick like glue in the corners.

I can’t wait to see it run. :yahoo:

And there you’ve got yourself a weapon. :wacko:

Well done Luis!! One of my all time favourite American cars. That boy looks BAADD and ready to rumble!! If not a Trans Am car, at least a street Classic!! :yahoo:

Very nice build Luis.  Love the color, what is it? :good:

Anonymous

Hi Luis,……well done !!…………With that weight , and especially with that motor, you may want to consider using a 9T or even an 8T pinion. Most of the the quicker  cars in the various proxies/clubs that use 30K FC-130 motors are geared in the 3.5/3.75 to 1 range.

Cheers

Chris Walker

Thank You guys for the feedback.

Yes MIA it really looks like a very bad and mean runner.

DB this is a pioneer body so I have no credit on the paint job.

Chris a wanted to do that but I only have plastic 8t and 9t and I was afraid it was not the best choice for such a strong motor but at the same time I thought that I needed to use a strong motor because of the weight. (do you think if I glue it will do?)

I am only learning and I embrace all the advise that  you guys can give me. I admire the work you do, the level of detail and dedication it is encouraging

Anonymous

Hi Luis. You could try one of your plastic pinions (I would try the 8T), and see if it holds up. Unfortunately, CA glue has very little shear strength, and is therefore not really the hot tip for gluing pinions (especially nylon ones).

PS Strong motors are only strong when they are geared correctly :yes:

Cheers

Chris Walker

I will give it a try , Thank You for the advise it is greatly appreciated

Viewing 14 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.