• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Avatar photoKen.
  • Creator
    Topic

When I first started with S32. Art was generous enough to donate a stock-car body for build inspiration (Thank you very kindly again). How to build the car eluded me for a long time. I even tried to buy the original plastic chassis for the car out of frustration on how to go about the build. But I couldn’t find one. I eventually bought another complete new car (Ford Talladega) in hopes to get into the CSC circle. Then time passes and a few builds later… I now look at the new plastic car and wonder “what was I thinking?”. It would take me just as much effort if not more to prepare the plastic chassis now. That being said. The stock-car build begins. The inspiration was clearly a success. It’s nice to build a car I don’t have to paint or detail for a change.

Being an aluminum chassis. I might need to add some weight to get it to 100-grams. I ordered a pound of lead.  :good:

The assembly begins…

Ken

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Anonymous

Good work Ken.

I like the small improvements you are making with each chassis.  Soon you will have this perfected.  Looks great!

Thank you very kindly JMSracer.

Here it is almost ready to race. It weighs a surprising 95-grams. The body weighs 40-grams by itself.

Ken

I installed weight and it’s now up to 102-grams. It’s been tested, and Art’s heavy GTX passes it in the corners and straights without any trouble. Now to work on making the car better. Even though the car looks finished. It clearly needs a lot of work yet.

On the bright side. My wife offered to make a pair of fuzzy dice to hang from the rear-view mirror.

Ken

Fuzzy dice rule. Perhaps she will make a second set?? :heart:

Hi Ken, having seen it in person it looks great and handles very well already. As it is that car is already podium bound. I wouldn’t say that my red Dodge passes it without any trouble though. I suppose the real test will be tomorrow night regardless… BTW, outbound weight wouldn’t be a bad thing.

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Thank you very kindly for the suggestion. I will add weight and try to move it out to the sides. They say advice is only useful when followed. There’s my homework for tonight.

Also, thank you for your kind words about a possible podium finish. I can’t say I agree because I was at the edge of death trying to keep up to you and I was still falling behind. Unless I make changes. You’ll lap me several times before the night is over.

Ken

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.