Forums General Information Can you I.D. This kit?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      f1nutzf1nutz

I found this at a show a few years ago.

It looks like a Monogram static kit from the 60’s based on the bottom chassis piece but the interior has Strombecker body mounting posts.

Interestingly for a static kit, it also has aluminum Revell like rims and rubber tires on threaded metal axles.

Not quite a Lola T70. ie different windshield and body details.

Intake was missing so I added a D’Art Hobbies aftermarket intake.

It may make it to the track at some point in the future.

KenKen

1964 Revell Cooper Cobra II would be my guess.

This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.
      Even though I may be new at this myself. How can I help you build your car?

f1nutzf1nutz

Bingo!! I should have guessed it was a Cooper from the wheel inserts ;)

Looks like I’ll have to swap out the stacks for the shorter version.

Here’s a shot of the real car:

From an article here:

https://www.davemacdonald.net/gallery/closeups/kingcobralangcooperstory.htm

Thanks Ken

KenKen

Nice car F1nutz! It’s a very cool looking body. It’s also an original for this club.

I never heard of Coopers before I joined S32, 2-years ago. I have become somewhat of a Cooper fan since I ended up building one.

Your 1964 “Lang” Cooper Cobra II will fit in nicely, and look great at the next Player’s 200!

This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.
      Even though I may be new at this myself. How can I help you build your car?

ArtArt
      Super Moderator

Excellent!

Let's Get Building!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.