Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      JohnnySlots

Bass-Seca

After who knows how many years of racing at multiple home and club tracks, my man cave has gotten a new addition built by Art! A small but exciting looking layout of approximately 44 feet for 1:32 racing with plenty of elevation changes themed after Laguna Seca’s “Corkscrew”.

I gave my design to track builder extraordinaire Professor Tschinkel earlier this year and, thanks to Covid restrictions, he built a modular track that could be fairly quickly taken apart and reassembled. Art built the basics at his place and then disassembled it and into a VW Atlas went ALL the pieces and reassembly began at my place. Track reconstruction, lane taping, power and computer, border walls and more now done. Some detail work still to be completed but the track is now operational and the first race done with Joe Guts and I running Group 5 cars. But the track is much more fun with the slower classes!

Before racing ever happened though I christened the track with laps done in remembrance, and with cars, from racers who are no longer with us. John F and Paddy you will always be remembered. (The 3rd last picture is John Flinn’s MG which set identical times in both lanes)

Thanks for all your work Art. It’s great!

• This topic was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by JohnnySlots.
      • This topic was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by JohnnySlots.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      racer68

Congratulations on the new track. It looks great!

Cheers

Steve

Ken

The track looks awesome! Congrats John!

I like to paint bodies, and make chassis. How may I help you build your car?

Luis Meza

Wow, very nice track, enjoy it

DB

Very nice John.  I can appreciate the work you put into it so now it is time to enjoy.

Porsche911

Congratulations Johnny, looks like a lot of fun, and Chicanery looms on the overpass…. :yahoo: another piece of “Art”!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.