Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys

I’ve been gathering up a lot of stuff over the last couple years to put this together but never had time to get it all going properly.

Well due to the covid lock down I took a couple days to see if this would actually work and finally after many hours of farting around with various monitor/cable/graphics card configurations and giving up many times in frustration it actually works!!

I conveniently happen to have a curved octagonal wall at the end of my basement where I have 3 cheapy projectors hooked up to an older render farm computer I picked up reasonably cheap. 3.2 GHz processor with dual Nvidia Quadro 4800 graphics cards, 8 gigs of ram. Not super powerful by today’s standards but still no slouch.

I’m running a copy of F1 2011 as that is the most recent sim I’ve got. I actually bought it in 2012 and never had a system good enough to run it until now.

The effect is pretty cool as you can look to the side and see stuff flashing by.

Picture isn’t as crisp as on led monitors but it is usable.

Total viewing area is about 5 ft by about 25 ft or 5760 by 1080 pixels

I’ve also got a small surround audio system with sub I plan to hook up to get the full effect.

Anyway thought you might like to see my little side project even though it isn’t slot related it is racing after all.

Now to build the cockpit and detail the driver ;^)

Pretty Cool f1nutz! :good:

Funny how the only ‘sporting activity’ right now is virtual…

The Happy Canadian Scale Modeler!

Looks like a lot of fun F1nutz!

So we’re meeting at your place to try it out after the virus has lifted? :yahoo:

Nice … and what a great way to self isolate by racing in the 24 days of Le Mans!:yahoo:

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.